If a guy doesn't pay, how interested is he really?

So this may sound high maintenance or snobby, but I just went out on the second date with this guy. We did something free for the first date, and went dutch for some drinks in the middle. So the second date was dinner and a movie. He got the movie tickets, and so I was planning/assuming I would getting dinner. But he didn't even reach for the check. He works in some sort of retail, so I know he probably doesn't make much. And he has already scheduled a third date. But he also doesn't open doors (at any time)for me, or anything "gentlemanly". I've read that when a guy likes you they'll start to act gentlemanly. I know it's just a couple dates in, but it just makes me wonder. If you were into a girl would you pay or at least try to? Am I being completely snobby about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you're being snobby about it.

He's treating you as an equal, something a lot of women never get tired of demanding.

What Guys Said 3

• I would pay for all the dates if I like the girl, anyway if she wants to pay or share the bill, I wouldn't mind. (I'm 22 btw)

• you wanted equality between genders, you got it.

• It seems that he just doesn't have manners. If you can overlook these, then you might not passing up a good guy.

What Girls Said 2

• I totally understand. My dad always told me never to settle for a guy who's not a gentleman. Your guy made a third date with you, so he probably does like you, but it doesn't look like he feels the need to really treat you like you're special. It's good that he paid for the movie, but he really should've at least talked to you about who would be getting dinner, rather than assuming it'd be you.

• Not only does he sound broke (free and dutch dates) but he doesn't act like a gentleman, therefore he probably doesn't have much respect for you. More than likely he's only asking you on these bullshit dates so he can get sex. Don't waste your time.