Do you anybody who is adamantly against interracial dating (in terms of their own race / ethnic background)?

As we know, interracial dating is a common trend these days.

However, there are people in the world (and even in your family and social circles), that are against this trend for whatever reasons they may have.

1) Is there anybody in your family or social circles that has said, or you strongly suspect, is strongly against the interracial dating concept (in terms of their own race / ethnic background)?

2) What reasons did this person have (or you suspect they have) for being against the idea of "crossing racial lines" in terms of dating, marriage and sexuality?

3) How do you feel about interracial dating (in terms of your own race or ethic background)? What are your reasons behind your viewpoint on this topic?

--------

Be as detailed as you wish in your answer; feel free to go anonymous if you feel you need the protection.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm all for if, I'm attracted to many different races, and to be honest I really do believe that I will either end up with a Caucasian or Puerto Rican male. I'm open to all, but they are just my main attractions. I've liked sone guys, of every race, but they are just ny attention getter.

My family knows that I'm open to all races, sometimes my dad and his side of the family jokes around about it, but then he gets all sincere and says I will be okay with who ever you choose as long as they aren't stupid lbs, treats you well, and loves you more than me.

I do think that my grandma on my moms side is a little racist, she truley doesn't try to be, as she ages she's becoming more self conscious (she's super paranoid) and is losing her memory. But, anyway many Hispanics have moved on her block, and all of her friends either passed or moved. So I'm sure you can figure out the rest. She's realky polite to her neighbors if she even goes outside, but inside (like I mentioned she's paranoid) she watches, coments on everything they do. And it's not just Hispanics it's African-Americas too. Shoot she is even kinda scared of us now, and blamesus for the randomest things.

But I think it just as more to do with her aging, and those are the races that she is surrounded by, so if anyone is affended, please don't take it personally, she didn't use to act like that with anyone.

Btw, I'm black (+ Indian/Irish) but mainly Black

• Thanks for sharing, DivaMonae.

• Lbs how did you know it was me, I posted it anonymously?

What Girls Said 30

• my family usually don't talk about it. me and my friends also don't talk about it. interracial dating is almost a nonexistent issue simply because we don't live in a diverse culture. our options are limited to who are available lol and obviously I'm referring to Asian guys. as far as my family is concerned, I don't think the race of the guy would be a big deal to them. my cousin abroad dated a black guy and my aunt and uncle were not against it.

no offense to black people but our family kinda love to joke around and so when we heard that she dated a black guy some family members joke that my aunt and uncle should have an unlimited supply of whitening lotion for the grandchildren. as what many knows fair skin among Asians are deemed to be more attractive but that does not mean we cannot appreciate beauty on darker skin. it's a common line here for instance we saw a beautiful dark filipina or any woman "ah she's pretty with her dark skin, how much more if her skin is fairer..."

as far as my family is concerned it's not the race of the person that my family worries about but it's his culture and religion, so my uncle would often remind my cousin not to go dates alone cause my uncle believes that western people black or white are sexually oriented people. dating a Muslim is strictly prohibited cause unfortunately we had lots of negative experiences from them in my place.

Personally, I'm fine with interracial dating. I would date any race/ ethnicity, be it black, white, Hispanic, fellow asians... his race will not be a big deal to me but his character, beliefs would. I have no preference to a particular race simply because I cannot command my heart who to want.

• I don't have a problem with interracial dating... come on, peoples, it doesn't really matter what race of human you date, we're all the same species. And all humans have 99% of the same DNA anyways, so what's the difference between a white guy and a black guy etc etc?

• 1) a couple people on my moms side do not like interracial dating with a few races, but I do not think they are strongly against it. I a sure they would accept it.

2) One of my aunts, my dad, and my granparents(filipino) want to have either white or asian-looking babies, but they did not sound so serious when they said it, its like a joking way but with some truth in it.

3) For me, I'm fine with interracial dating in general. But for my personal self, I want would honestly want to marry someone who is white or half filipino or eurpean, etc. In the end, I change and I might go for the opposite someday. Sometimes I am unpredictable. The most important thing for me though, is respect and kindness, if the person is good to you, then he/she is a keeper :)

• people butthurt because of what my family thinks about interracial marriage/dating? also I'm stating my honest opinion, I never sugarcoat things.

• i have not stated''* anyways you're not worth my time anymore. Goodbye. People are too sensitive on subjects like these.

• I was one of the guys that upvoted. I don't think there was anything wrong with what you said. Can't fight a personal preference, I understand

• I have no problems with my immediate family, and very few issues with more distant relatives. Of those, I think the issues are more with the elder population of my distant relatives than the younger relatives.

A lot of it stems from what they had to endure when they were young during an era where things were more segregated. I think they hold some resentment to not being seen as equal in the workplace and not being afforded similar opportunities. I can only speculate being that I wasn't around at that time and they never really openly spoke of it. Another reason is they felt it broke tradition and felt that adapting to another culture would either dilute or completely erase their own. As for my friends, none seem to be against it and some of them are in interracial relationships themselves, myself included.

I don't really feel there should be a term such as interracial dating, as we all are people who most likely share more than one racial identity within our genetic make up. We should be free to date who we see fit and not be prejudged based solely on racial appearances and the stereotypes commonly associated with them.

• I have a Chinese-American friend who will only date Chinese-American guys. Her reason being that she wants to be able to easily pass down the cultural heritage and have a strong affinity with her would-be husband that she believes only a common culture can bring. She also has this belief that Chinese guys, or more broadly Asian guys, will be more faithful to her than other guys.

Personally, I don't mind interracial dating as long as you're dating the person for them and not because of any socioeconomic reasons. Unfortunately, amongst people of my ethnicity, a lot of them see dating east-asian or white guys as a ticket to upward mobility.

• I agree with your friend. I think that's good.

• that doesn't surprise me tbh.

• They're born in America...how much of traditional culture can he pass down? I'm white-washed enough already...! lol :/ And there's no such thing as a specific race being more faithful or will cheat less. Strip everything down and they're still some who are corruptible...with penises. lol.

• Now one that I'm around, who I'm close to, are like that. There are quite a few black and white couples in my family. Most of my friends either date interracially, don't but are open to it, or don't but have nothing against.

The people that I have been around who are oppose to it are aquaintences, classmates, co workers, etc. Like had aquaitences (both black and white) say "stick with your own race," "It's a sin/ against the bible," and bunch of malarky. Some off them didn't approve of people in their own race dating outside. Some didn't like different races trying to get with people inside theirs. This one girl I went to school with date all kinds of guys, but had a bitch fit if a girl of another race tries to date someone inside of her.

I feel like the people who are like this, who I've encounter, are opposed to interracial dating, because they don't feel like the other race is worthy or equal to them. They don't like the whole mixing thing, trying to stay as "pure" as possible. Feel like its betrayal. And also because of racism. My town is together, yet divided.

Me I don't care. I like guys inside and outside my race. The only thing I don't like about interracial dating is when some people do it because of : self hate, they feel like the other race is better or superior, or for other stupid reason because they want their babies to look like this or that. Mixed babies are cute...just like other babies. I just hate when people act like they are an accessory or something.

• I don't really know anyone who is against interracial dating personally. I did have a friend who was Jewish and he always said he would only marry another Jewish person. His reasoning was that he wanted his future kids to be Jewish and according to Jewish law, the mother must be Jewish. I told him that he may fall for someone outside his own religion and not to rule people out - it's hard enough to find someone you truly have the right connection with. In the end, he did marry a non-Jewish woman but she did convert, so I guess things worked out for him...since it was important to him...

I know people who say they are not attracted to people of certain races but they don't have any racial problem with the race it's just that their preference is people who look a certain way. I have not dated outside my race but it hasn't been on purpose I just haven't dated all that much honestly. I have dated outside my religion a lot - almost everyone I've dated has been a different religion than me.

• I grew up in a Jewish community and I've noticed that the men are more likely than the women to date and marry outside of their religion.

• My grandparents are quite racist. They would probably faint if I were to date someone who wasn't Caucasian. Not that I care, their opinion doesn't even matter if they're going to be like that.

Their reason is that they are old and they live in an underdeveloped country where there are very few people who aren't Caucasian. The ones who aren't, are automatically labeled as dirty thieves because of the gypsy beggars there.

I became completely detached from that mentality when my parents and I moved to a more developed country. I don't see gypsies as bad people, just very unfortunate people. So I can't find a meeting point with my grandparents anymore. I can't even begin to understand why they're so racist. So I don't make distinctions between races anymore. The color of their skin isn't the first thing that pops into my mind, it's probably one of the last on first glance. So when considering dating someone, ethnicity or race is not a factor at all.

• Now that I think about it, all of my family (except for my parents and brother) are really racist.

• Born and grew up in Asia, mostly everyone dates their own race. And since I'm in Indonesia, and we have dozens of ethnic group, sometimes people don't even date outside their ethnic group. As far as I know my friends and family are not against interracial dating. However, some of my Chinese friends don't date guys/girls outside their race and sometimes it's their parents who doesn't allow them to.

On the contrary, we do have certain girls here coming from lower social classes who are after white guys just for the status and financial security. If they are to choose between decent Asian guys or a white guy who's probably 20 years older than they are they would still prefer the white guy. I think it's the stereotype that are still hanging around out there that white people are better and have higher "degree" than asians.

I myself am not against interracial dating. It only depends on if I like him or not. I've dated a french and an australian in the past. Moreover I find them more attractive than guys my own race.

• of all the "races", I've found that Asians are the least likely to date interracially

• yeah exactly. I think it's pretty much because of the strong traditions we have and all those stuff I don't get myself.

• Negative. Asians love to date interracially as long as it's White. Like this girl here (French, Aussie), for example.

• Not in my family, but my best friend is Indian and they are very opposed to the idea of her being with any guy who isn't Indian or any Indian dating a non-Indian. They probably don't care about interracial dating among other races but they really like to stick to their own.

The same thing is definitely true of Russians and Armenians here in California. They can get disowned by their entire families by dating outside of their own nationality (even if it's the same race). My dad's stepdad was half Russian and half Armenian. Both of his parents were disowned by the rest of their families and as a result he didn't grow up knowing any family members besides his parents and siblings. Since I have his last name, Armenians often try to pawn me off on their sons which is weird because I'm not Armenian at all but they just see the last name and are like, "You make good wife for my son, yes?" and a few times I've actually been handed family heirloom rings and it's very uncomfortable but they really want to make sure their kids marry other Armenians.

I honestly don't care whether or not people date interracially or inter-ethnically. It's a lot better than marrying someone you don't love just to please your family. But if people don't want to date outside their race or ethnicity they should feel free to do so as well.

• 1 & 2: Not joking, my art teacher told my class NEVER to date outside our religion or race and she warned us girls not to date a Muslim because we'd end up being forced to wear veils (even if it was a modern Muslim who was white and raised in America) and then they'd take our child away to the middle east and we'd never see them again. She actually told us this. She claims it happened to a friend of hers.

That being said, my family wouldn't care who I dated so long as they made me happy.

3: I probably wouldn't date outside my race just because I find white guys more attractive, most of the time. Like guys from other races are cute too, but my "type" is pale, tall, skinny boys with long hair. If I found a nice Indian guy who I liked I'd have no problem dating him. I'd be less likely to date a black guy just because most of the black guys I've met, even the ones raised in a middle class suburban area, act all ghetto with "nigga" this and "dayum, yo" that with their rap music and baggy pants and that culture is just aggressively annoying to me. But primarily, I'm only attracted to white guys.

• interesting

• Your art teacher just reminded me of this youth teacher at a church I used to attend when I was younger. He told us to stick with our own and mixing was wrong. He said that interracial dating would " mess up our family tree." If that's the case, too late for the majority if not all of the human population

• Your art teacher reminds me of my mom. She says the exact same thing about Muslims, though her dad was Muslim, for what it's worth...

• 1) Yep, family, friends, co-workers, acquaintances. I think the trend is still to stay within your race as much as possible, but some people are wiling to branch out, though in every race you wil find the majority are looking for someone in their own race or religion etc.

2) I think the reasons are fairly obvious. Most people aren't trying to be rude or disrespectful, they just feel safer dating within their own race out of respect for their cultural traditions and to keep their history alive.

3) I don't really date people based on theri skin color, but more on their overall attractiveness inside and out. I've dated men from several different ethnic and religious backgrounds and they were all a**holes in the end, so I guess color really doesn't matter after all.

• I know this for a fact, some people date/marry within their own race because they can't find someone (that's different from them in skin color/culture) to date :-P

• No, when I said I dated different ethnicities and religious people, I meant that included my own.

• yes, I actually have a black friend who just can't stand interracial couples or children...she thinks it's gross.

• I don't mind interracial dating , as for my parents I believe there will have some resistance towards someone from other race as they are conservative but ultimately I make the final decision as long as I am happy my parents will be happy and supportive :)

I don't see why our happiness have to depend on others..

• "I don't see why our happiness have to depend on others.."

Great point! I totally feel the same. I only care what my girlfriend and I thinks about us. Everyone else will just either accept us or get used to it. :)

• Well, I love the idea of interracial dating. I'm latin and I have a huge attraction in guys with nordic/British descendence. And in my country we are very very mixed, so it's easy to see interracial couples. And I don't know anyone who's against this, because here we don't care much about those things. We like it. ;)

• I myself am mixed with black and white, so I don't see a problem with interracial marriage...I know some people that think I should get with a black man because I'm half black, and same with white people...But honestly, I'd love to get with an Asian man, I'd be willing to learn anything there is to know about their culture and heritage, including language. But, I don't know many Asian that get with someone outside their race.

• You know what's funny, is majority of Asian guys I've encountered, either date only other Asian girls or hvae a white girl fetish. Other than that, I've never met any Asian guys who are open to dating any other race.

• Can't see why this should deserve -4 votes down. :-P Don't see anything negative being made here

• wtf is with these race questions tho? Who cares?

• You can't be that naive, PLENTY of people care about race

• Have you dealt with a lot of racism in your lifetime? You seem so angry and dismissive. :(

• no just seeing stupid stuff online

• i don't know anybody like that

• I am for interracial dating but not fetishes.

• And ironically the guy above andywes is andywes. What a coward with his racist drivel.

• My parents have definitely expressed negative opinions of the possibility of me or my sister dating non-white guys. I don't think they are opposed to it in general, just for our family. I don't really know why, probably its just negative stereotypes of people of certain races that they've been exposed to. I mean I'm from a very white part of town and my parents grew up in small towns where there probably wasn't a lot of exposure to people from other races so that's all they have. For me, I don't think race matters. I mean if I come across someone who acts in the negatively stereotypical manner for their race, odds are I won't find them attractive. But if a guy is nice, respectful, and doesn't come off as a wanna-be gangbanger then I might be attracted to him. I don't really care about skin color at all, its more about how you act and the way you present yourself.

• yup my dad, he is really old school, openly racist but he honestly wouldn't hurt a fly, he is all talk... basically he is just repeating what he heard as kid but he doesn't know how the world really works these days... different races don't mea what they did back in the day.. like my mom lived in New York in the50's they had the Asian neighborhoods, Italians, black, and if you were not that race you'd get beat up in that neighborhood... so I understand the fear and hat that some elders have... but yea its a different world now.

• I just hate it when black men date nothing but black women and bash us, belittle us, and degrade us in the process. It pisses me off and I feel like it's a smack in the face to our ancestor's struggle. But other than that, I don't have a problem with it.

• i assume you meat black guys who only date white women?

• Janson, not necessarily. This culture is full of black men who only date non-black women and over-obsess with worshiping and praising their looks while they sh*t on black female's features. I'm willing to bet the girls they're dating don't even realize that their relaitonship is a product of a black dude who hates himself. And it is self-hate because black women are a reflection of him, they share the same features. So for him to say he doesn't like their features means he doesn't like his own

• DivaMonae, I meant I hate it when black women date non-black women and degrade black women in the process.

• i wouldn't do that but that's me

• I'm not against interracial dating, but I've never found a non Caucasian person attractive. I have friends of different races, but I'm not attracted to them. Sorry if that makes me a bad person

• Yes I have met people like that.

I support interracial dating, but I don't support racial fetishizing.

• I know black people that would never date whites. I'm cool with that.

• Obviously you haven't been around any black people.

• I've been around plenty. Did I say ALL? No. Actually I know some whites that would date blacks. But that's not the question now is it?

• oop I read it wrong :p

• My family wouldn't like me bringing home anything but a black man. I think a few guys outside my race are cute, but not enough for me to be open to interracial dating as a whole. I think to successfully long term date/marry outside your race, you have to pick a side. Are you going to go over to his culture and adopt his way of life, even if that means compromising yourself; or do you stay with your kind and live your way of life? I live in a pretty racist area and I don't hate other races just for existing, I just do not have any tolerance for the ignorance a lot of them have for people who look like me. I don't like to have to constantly explain "why do black people.." or have to look the other way and not say nothing when something racist happens because I don't want to rock the boat. That's why I stick to my race, it's easier that way.

• Yeah, a lot of parents with children within "marrying age" who want to maintain their cultures and traditions freak out if their kid comes home with someone who isn't from the same culture. Problem is that I've seen that backfire on them big time as their kids DO marry within the culture and proceed to live out a miserable 5- to 10-year marriage to someone "appropriate"... Hmm.

• my grandma doesn't like it. she always says she hates to see grey babies (black and white). she doesn't like it because she doesn't really like white people. I don't mind interracial dating. but I may not do it.

• Im cool with dating other races.

But my family are very traditional and would prefer me to date my own race only. Some family members would probably disown me if I dated a Black guy, which is pretty sad.

With that type of pressure on me, I do try and stick to dating guys my family would approve of. Its a shame tbh I've turned down some gorgeous looking mixed race (half white half black) guys because I know it would be problems from the start and I'm not strong enough to confront my family or handle the disapproval.

So yeah even though its a big cop out but for me to I think dating is hard, without inter racial dating, add that to the bag its just adding fuel to the fire IMO.

• That's too bad. ;)

• @Janson - the "parenting policing " of one's dating happens a lot more than you think!

R

Most people won't sacrifice abandoning their family for some guy or girl they barely know, so most succumb to their family's will on this topic.

• Yes ouch indeed!

What Guys Said 15

• I really don't know anybody like this that I know of anyway. I have friends that I suspect may only date their own race but I don't think it's due to prejudice or thinking other people are inferior.

I don't care what color skin or features someone has as long as I find them attractive and there's a connection that's all I need. My dad was always very fierce in teaching equality to my sister and I growing up. He actually dated a couple black girls in high school long before it was considered socially acceptable he's in his 60's now. He has a zero tolerance policy about racism and stuff like that. I have seen him break that rule on occasion making jokes when he's drunk or something though...

I've never dated outside my race but it's something I'm completely open to. In my small town there isn't much diversity to speak of however. You could say my lack of interracial dating is due to the demographic not due to any restrictions or hangups on my part.

• like you, I've never dated outside my race but id certainly like to

• Well it isn't like I have a preference for any ethnic background of women.. To be honest I've found women of all backgrounds attractive at times.

• Chinese-Canadian here.

NOPE. My family is pretty forward thinking which rubbed off onto me. Being raised in Vietnam (formerly under Chinese rule and then a french colony btw), it's not exactly homogeneous than say...china, korea, or japan. Most of my Asian guy friends would prefer to marry their own to keep the parents happy. But some my Asian girl friends are more open...depends from family to family and how old-school or traditional they are. Girls shouldn't just assume that all Asian guys are just into dating their own. You'd be surprised what you find if you just asked ya know?

My aunt's sister married an African-American dude and they have a beautiful mixed vietnamese-black daughter. (who's absolutely beautiful and adorable!) The hubby is a pretty cool guy. My cousin is dating a pretty amazing Mexican girl and they're probably get married soon. My best friend's bro is dating a lovely greek girl.

With that being said, I'm pretty much open to any race. The color of your skin doesn't bother me...its your personality and our chemistry/connection is what matters the most. White, black, brown, tan, yellow...it's all cooooooooooool. Mixed babies are awesome. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Every race brings a specific type of beauty to the table.

Besides...with my craptastic dating/relationship history...I ain't closing any doors! LOL

• Very cool that you were able to break the cycle of your elders way of thinking.

• I'm an outside-the-box thinker by nature but I think my family realized a lot of social issues when they immigrated to Canada. That western-born generation will branch out to all ethnicities through school and such. So it was or will be expected. As of course, there's also the social/stereotype/stigma associated with marrying traditional east vs west. As long as we're happy and in love, it doesn't matter. It was preferred but NOT EXPECTED.

• I (European) am married to a Chinese for a while now. In our families we didn't have problems even though both our fathers were a little sceptical towards it at the beginning. But it was rather a typical father's worry if the chosen partner will treat the own child well ;)

Yet, what I had to encounter, is a kind of "racism" by Chinese men against foreign men marrying Chinese. I know, that it is not such a common thing, but it exists, and my wife and me were so unlucky, that we even had to wait a few days before we could get our marriage registered. The male registrar refused to deal with me and we had to wait until his boss had treated our complaint...

It's a rare thing though and we were just that unlucky. Chinese in general are very hospitable and welcoming, I had a really good time there. :)

• 1. My uncle and my mother are racist as hell. My uncle believes races shouldn't mix, and my mother thinks I should only stick with Asian girls (despite her having married two different white guys).

2. The uncle mentioned something about being the victim of a hate crime before but I think he probably did something to deserve it *shrug*. My mother probably doesn't want to see me end up with a non-Asian girl because of some weird complex she has about it.

3. I am mixed race as it is. I think it would be cool to date any chick who has a rockin' bod. My reasoning is that to stick with one's own 'race' is kind of like inbreeding in a way.

Anyway, Prof. Mareep, here is a somewhat shocking link to a study done on race and online matchmaking messaging (whether people send an intro message or reply based on racial statistics): link

• Interesting to read the responses. Kind of sad to see some of the backwardation that the world still seems to be in, especially concerning black people. You could swear that some people have never met a black guy in their life. Most people probably could not even distinguish me from a white or Asian if they couldn't see what color I was. Here where I live in Canada, interracial dating is a non issue. You will see people of all races mixing it up, except perhaps black and asian. If you're against interracial relationships for yourself, that's fine. But if you're against interracial relationships for other people, recognize that you're quickly going to become ethnographic material for the examination of anthropologists who will study your queer society where race is still an issue. The argument that the races should remain pure out of fear of degeneration is the argument of kooks, quackademics and Hitlarian-Darwinists. Anthropologists will be poking at your skull with much fascination

• Eh the sad thing is you really can't consider the racial pride types as Darwinian considering genetic diversity is a damn good thing lol

• They think they are and nobody can tell them differently..

• Yea when I mention Hitlarian-Darwinism, I'm referring to Hitlers idea of race science, where he believed that the gene pool must be "kept clean" so the powerful traits of Aryans would continue to be passed down through the generations

• 1. The only person that would frown down on me dating outside of my race would be my father. Even still, eventually he could learn to love and accept a woman who is non-white... but initially, he tells me to stick with either white or Asian women.

2. Just like everyone else, he knows what a handful of problems black/Hispanic women can be... he has eyes.

3. Personally, I don't care - I'll date a girl of any race. Sure, I have my preferences, but I will not automatically dismiss a woman solely based on her race.

• "However, there are people in the world (and even in your family and social circles), that are against this trend..." lmao, you say that like Oprah would say, "There are child molesters in your neighborhood. YOU might be a child molester. "

• I unintentionally mimic'd Oprah! :-P

• dunno, I love Oprah. Oprah haters are everywhere.

• I'm still curious why I got 4 thumbs down, now. I'm not even commenting on the issue, I'm making fun of the question asker for sounding too dramatic! I could have a black girlfriend, or I could be opposed to dating other races, for all my answer says.

• Most people I know are not adamantly against interracial dating. But most people I know are more comfortable dating people their own race. However, I am sure my family really much prefer me dating a girl my own race. I prefer dating people my own race because I want my future kids to not be mixed. If I find a girl that's another race, I won't really oppose to it. I feel that interracial dating will take away a lot of identity in the future. There will be fewer pure Asians, pure blacks, pure Hispanic, and so forth. I don't really like that. I wish there will still be people with purely just one race in the future.

• The way that interracial dating is going, there will be very few "pure" Americans of any race in 2 generations.

• I seem to have met almost as much people who have something against relationships with members of their own "tribe", mainly women... as I have met people who have something against relationships with that kind.

I of course usually suspect racism to be the reason. but then again I can tell you about my views and reasons for them.

Because I do have views that border this problem. Because on a thought level I would rather have children with someone that is white and blue eyed. Yeah shoot me now. I think that comes from some self centered love of my own gene-pool... Would like my sons to resemble me. I have given this thought and I am pretty sure that such ideas will go up in smoke if I ever fall in love with someone different.

Silly and irrational way of viewing it as my genes would go on just the same way, no matter of color. And I do acknowledge it. I think it is most often the inbuilt xenophobia in all of us. Luckily most people don't have it that strong that it would cause problems though.

• Oh and as I talked about just people's personal preferences... I would add that people are absolutely free to have those and no one that doesn't fancy black, white yellow or green has right not to. If someone doesn't date me because I look like finnish man... well good. If it is just about appearance not pleasing an eye, that is just fine. I don't want to date anyone that's appearance doesn't please me either.

• Ah have to add more... I so would be cautious with getting involved with someone from culture where you pretty much marry the whole family of your partner... To them family might be... everyone that is related... And I don't like that. My family is me, my partner and our children. Then rest is "extended-family" that is supposed to be kept on distance :D

• No, because it has gained more acceptance among society these days, even if there are still people who don't like it.

• smokahontas - You say "People are too sensitive on subjects like these." Then proceed to block me because I disagree with you. Lmao, you are inane. I am not shaken, you don't even know what socioeconomic means, how could I expect to have an intelligent conversation about such a controversial topic "people are too sensitive" to discuss?

Your taste in "preference" is very typical to what I quoted for you. Good day

• I don't believe in interracial relationships and my oldest brother and my mother's boyfriend don't believe in it either. As for why, there are many different reasons for each of us and I would rather not receive any backlash or attacks just because I have a different perspective on the matter. If I thought more people on here were open to differing perspectives I would happily do so, but that's not been my experience thus far. I would like to point out that I am tolerant, just not accepting. I also recognize part of the reason for the shift to pro interracial is due to various forms of media promoting it and in affect skewing children's perceptions to be more interested in interracial relationships and cross cultural relationships than those with their own ethnicity and cultural heritage.

The intent just as the psychological operations in a few different countries was to remove racism and promote acceptance, but that is different from tolerance and bad things happen when people blindly seek to accept others rather than tolerate and seek actually understand different cultures and ethnicities. I also believe such underhanded tactics of influence are morally and ethically wrong. I believe most people are completely ignorant to just how brainwashed and used we are. Just looking at what goes into cartoons and news media and how carefully worded things are by sociologists to achieve desired results it's unsettling. People don't know and or tend not to care or question things especially their instructors and professors.

• I know plenty of black girls who are completely against interracial dating and think black guys who date white girls are sell outs and hurting the black race.

• As a black male, I have definitely heard about that one plenty of times lol.

I must admit that I seem to attract black females the least out of all races, maybe because I come off as too "assimilated".

• You can say the same for black guys too. I knew this one girlwho used to get teases for liking white guys. Some of thoae guyswho are against black women swirling, yet it's okay for one of them to do it. It goes both ways.

• Asians, I know a LOT of them that are against dating Blacks, but will move mountains to date White. This is coming from a lot of my Asian friends, their Asian friends, etc.

My sister HATES White women, says if I bring home a White girl she'll fight her, talk badly about her, etc. When I joke that her one year old son will grow up and get a White girl she gets furious.

My brother (My White brother) and his kids are pretty racist towards Asians, if I bring one home or have kids they'll make racist comments.

Everyone else in my family is supportive of interracial dating, though.

• Hahaha sounds like your sister knows what's up :P

• Haha, nah she needs to stop that racism junk. :P

• yeah no surprise here haha

• Hmm, personally, I'm a white guy and I don't black women, for a few reasons.

1. Black women so often talk in a sort of... I don't know what it is, but it's a weird slang/dialect that's pretty far away from normal, proper English.

2. According to the CDC, 48% of black women in America have herpes. So, if you're dating a black woman in the USA, flip a coin, and that's the odds she has herpes. link

3. If I had kids, I'd like them to look like me, since I am dang good looking, haha. And honestly--most of the black models/celebrities you see had white mothers and black fathers. And a lot of them with black fathers abandoned them. Look at Hally Berry. Heck, look at Obama! He's a celebrity black guy. White mother, black father who abandoned him.

4. White men are decried as oppressing minorities, and women in more than a few sources every week. Who would want to deal with the political garbage that race is in the USA?

• Oh, clarify on point 3: I just don't find black women attractive. Even most black celebrity women you see (who are recognized as good looking) are only half black, if you just bother reading their wikipedia pages. There's about 0 American black women celebrities who are known as really good looking who are completely black, and not just bi-racial.

• Unfortunately, with that approach, you rely simply on opinions and anecdotal evidence. When you disregard statistics according to personal opinion, there's nothing left but "he said/she said." And perhaps the manner of speaking is just something local, I do live in Atlanta. Admittedly, it doesn't apply to girls from Central American or the Caribbean, they simply have foreign accents.

• And seriously--what is it that makes people wail, "Don't generalize!" Statistics study vast groups, and tell us information. Such as, if properly done statistics told us that 51% of white Americans have brown hair and eat breakfast cereal, wouldn't it be fair to say most white Americans have brown hair and eat breakfast cereal? SINCE IT WOULD BE A SCIENTIFIC FACT? The problem is, most people are not completely unique. For instance, like TONS of other Americans, I drive a ford and wear contacts.