Why are guys so selective about who they text/have girls number on their phone?

this guy I like whom I thought we were good friends, super chill in person, I told him all my secrets and personal stuff, he cared gave me talks, I texted him first time got his number through mutual pal and he never replied and acted weird after like ignored me. I thought it was bizarre and cocky of him, I looked up to him thought he was so chill, but apparently not, and so I moved on guess were not friends anymore but he still tries to be casual and talk like hello whatsup and I just don't feel comfortable anymore. may be he figured out I like him and that's his way of showing he's not interested but at the same time is texting a crime?

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't like you in that way.

People are selective because we have a limited amount of time/energy/money/etc.

What Guys Said 3

• It's clear that he doesn't like you. This is not a crime. It said not clear. Not take the initiative to contact the best.

• Because we want to be with someone.

• we aren't but you only go for good looking guys who can get better girls

What Girls Said 2

• well, maybe you should have just gotten his number off him, instead of off a mutual friend, it might have creeped him out/seemed like you're stalking him

• I don't like it when people get my number without my giving it to them (without my permission). Maybe he's the same way. And he probably only liked you as a friend and you getting his number from someone and texting him weirded him out.