Do guys prefer a girl text them first or the other way around?

I was curious if guys prefer for a girl to text them first or is it opposite.

Most Helpful Girl

• i never NEVER text 1st! I like when guy is dominant and show his interest in me

• @QA - I wouldn't date this type of girls she described tbh...And if a girl has this type of mentality I would rather find a better girl who also interested in me and shows efforts from her side too..

• * I would never

What Guys Said 15

• Don't play hard to get! Guys want attention just as much as girls do. They want you to text them first, they don't want to always be the one that starts the conversation. They like women to pull their weight too. It isn't all of the guys work. He wants to know you actually want to talk to him and you'll have to start the conversation up at least once and a while to do that.

Hope this helps ^_^

• Who gives a crap? If you like the guy and want to talk to him, text him. All these stupid rules about playing hard to get are stupid. It's the reason so many relationships are so messed up, because from the very start it is treated like a game. Nut up and do what you want to do. Don't let stupid game rules dictate what you do.

• The number one reason I stop talking to girls is because I always initiate the texts. When I always initiate the texts it means the person is incapable of caring about me and why would I want to pursue someone who doesn't care about me?

• Personally I don't think either party "should" text first, it should go both ways. I love it when a girl texts me when she wants to talk, it shows me that she's interested in me. If I'm the only one constantly initiating the conversations I begin to feel as if I'm a bother.

• I agree with dantesparda. Assuming that both people are interested, and the girl starts texting me first, I'll start to text her first too (ill still worry about what the heck I'm gonna say haha). I'll put in my effort to show that I like her too if she shows interest. She doesn't have to do all the work, I'll still be a man and ask her out but the little things like texting first do help in getting him into asking you out.

• Most guys like it when the girls texts first (he should text first sometimes too),because WAY TOO MANY girls are interested but play hard to get,

then get confused as to why the guy loses interest.

• I know some guys who really like the chase, but I'm not one of them. Me, I prefer her text me first, mostly cause I can never tell if she has any interest in me what so ever.

• Girls almost never text me first, so it's not really about what I prefer.

• Each situation is different so I prefer whatever the situation calls for.

• This goes in the bin of things I've never given a sh*t about.

People really think everything unimportant through, don't they?

• I don't like texting much but if I had to chose I say you should first. And if his response is short and to the point he may not like texting. If I get a text like "what's up" my response is "working I will call you when I'm done" or I just call.

• Doesn't matter who texts first. I only care that she's being receptive.

If I show interest via text, and she plays coy just for a power game, big turn-off.

• I don't think there is a do or a don't...just text him it will probably make his day.

• Depends on the man, if he is a dominate man he will text you first

• i like it when the girl texts me first. I'm bad at picking up hints and reading signs. my ex told me that if she didn't text me all the time, we probably would have never went out... lol I was like yea, you're probably right haha.

nothing wrong with texting first, it lets the guy know you're genuinely interested and you know what you want.

What Girls Said 1

• The girl always text first