I feel is over rate because the women on there seem as if they only want attention and the feeling of being wanted to boost there self esteem issues. Cause the thing is I messaged over 100s of women on there and I got over 20 numbers and after a few days they will stop texting or when I contact them is like am making first all the time. I been a member on pof since jan and I only saw 6 of them. There was some sexually contact with them but never intercoure cause they wanted relationship. I didn't want relationship with them because they were older or had kids. Am 22 and the oldest was 32. Yea so I feel 5 women coming to see me out of 100s of messages that I send to other isn't good. The thing is I know am an attractive looking guy cause am a college student and women always notice me when am walking by and smile. I would have at least 3 women smile at me every other day. I ment women at college but at clubs more but I feel that I could have gotten more if I came up to them and talked. Should I just delete the dating site
Most Helpful Girl
Honestly, it sounds like you're having better luck than a lot of guys have with dating sites.
Anyway, a few things to consider:
1. People screen their messages. The more attractive the woman, the more messages she likely gets. She isn't going to be interested in every person who messages her, and it might not be feasible even if she wanted to. So, she's going to screen you based on: the content of your message, your photos, the content of your profile, whether or not the two of you are looking for the same thing, etc.
2. If you're sending 100s of messages, there's a good chance that your messages are pretty generic. Women can usually tell if a guy is just mass-messaging women based on the content of the message they send. A woman wants to feel like you're interested in her specifically---not in an "out of all the women on this site, I picked you!" way, but in the sense that something about her caught your eye besides "she's hot and female" or "she's female and local". Mention something that she's written in her profile to show that you've actually read it.
3. Keep in mind that some profiles are going to be duds. There are people who are inactive on the site, but their profile is still there. I'm not sure if its so much that some women are on there simply because they want attention and a self-esteem boost---but I do think there's probably a number of women who are on there just to check it out and see what its like, but get cold feet about actually meeting someone.
4. If a woman messages you back or chats with you for awhile, don't assume that that means she's going to want to meet up. You go through a second screening process. Generally, she's going to want to get to know you better, see if there's a connection, see if you're looking for the same thing, etc., and she's going to want to feel safe about meeting you. I've definitely chatted with guys on dating sites who seemed cool at first, but then said things that made me feel really uneasy about meeting them in person.
5. It sounds like YOU aren't bothering to screen the people you talk to/meet up with. You seem to be meeting women simply because they're willing to meet---not because they're your type or they're looking for the same thing as you. Of course that's likely to end in disappointment. The tactic you're using is a "numbers game" (the more women you message, the more likely you are to have someone message you back), whereas a lot of other people are looking for quality over quantity (trying to find someone they're likely to click with).
6. Dating sites work for some people and don't work for others. I know a number of people who have met their significant others online, for example. That said, if you're getting a lot of attention from women in your day-to-day life, why not talk to them/ask them out?0
- Show AllShow Less