Girls-How much contact do you want before a date with a guy?

I met a girl at a bar last weekend and went back to her place. The next day we got lunch and I realized that she was a really cool girl so before we parted I got her number.

I knew I should reach out to her pretty soon as to not seem like I was only after sex. I texted her 2 days later and asked her out for dinner. Problem is that she worked the end of this week and I am out of town through the weekend. I knew she would be working when I asked her so I said "I know you go back to work Thursday and I'm out of town this weekend but I wanted to know if you'd like to get together for drinks or dinner when your schedule frees up."

She said that she would be working(nurse) Mon-Wed and Thurs or Friday would work. I said let's do Friday, and I'd touch base with her next week.

So I'm happy that she wants to go out but there's 8 days until then and I don't know if or how much contact I should have with her. I usually set dates up for like 4 days out, so I haven't run into this situation. This is the first real date and I don't want to come of too excited about things, but I also don't want to let her attraction fade while time goes by.

I figured I'd touch base Monday or Tuesday with more details for the date, but wasn't sure if I should be texting a bit between now and then, or after the touch base?

Thanks for the help.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's perfectly fine to send a friendly "Hey, how are you?" or "How was work?" every one or 2 days just to let her know your not just planning to sleep with her and not hang out and this way you don't come off too pushy or attached right away.

What Guys Said 0