Would any early 20s girls date a 28-30 year old

Or would that be too big of an age gap for them?

I've recently had dates and flings with girls older than me and I'm 28.

I'm tired of dating older women for now, the reason it worked out with them was because they were easier to talk to. But I want to date younger women now. Back when this site still had chat, I would talk to a a few 20-21 year old girls on here and they woud say I was too old and I don't know how serious they were.

What is your age limit on dating partners?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was that age, 25 was my limit. I dated a few guys who were in their mid-twenties and I couldn't relate to them very well. The oldest I've dated is 12 years older and it wasn't very successful. I personally prefer someone within 5 years of my age. Otherwise it seemed like they only want to date me BECAUSE I'm younger and not because we get along especially well. There's a different dynamic when you date a guy who is a lot older -- usually he has a mindset of being superficially driven and also dominant. Or else they were immature for their age and didn't seem capable of growth. Not saying you are that way, just sharing my experiences. That being said, I did have a crush on a guy who was 12 years older who I had a lot in common with IN SPITE of his age, not because of it. I would have dated him, but he wasn't really into dating girls who were much younger, so nothing became of our friendship.

Some girls enjoy a different dynamic in their relationship, though. My advice is to look for the girls who are attracted and interested in you, not try to find the hottest, youngest girls possible and try to make them attracted to you and/or mentally older than they are. It seems to work better that way.

• Those are two different guys who were 12 years older, by the way.

What Girls Said 20

• F*** no. Why? Because I'm happy sharing my "young adult" life with a guy older than me (he's 23, I'm 21) but young enough to be able to relate. Right now I'm going through some stuff that my boyfriend has been familiar with not too long ago, if not right now, so it's comforting during hard times. Also, I like the idea of building a future together together when we're both young. I know, it's cheesy and romantic, but hey, that's just how I am. Since I am longing for a life-long marriage some day (I do mean life-long. My parents have been married for 31 years and to me, divorce isn't an option), I do expect a long-term relationship prior to engagement. That's just more comfortable to me, to have gone through a lot for a long time because making this commitment in life. The problem with late 20s guys is that they're often a bit eager to get married, which is all right, but it might be a stretch for a gal in her early 20s. He might propose a year or 2 into the relationship and it's just not the same as finding your partner when you're 20 and being proposed to when you're 25.

That being said, being much older than the girl comes with advantage. Although my boyfriend is 23 and he is mature enough to know what he wants in life, he's not ready to ask me to move in, he never thinks about marriage, he'd be freaked out if I were to discuss children with him. It's not that he's not serious about me, but at this age, commitment comes in a different form, and I think a LOT of girls are looking instead for a different commitment, presumedly one which an older guy like you might be more encline to provide.

As a lot of people have said before, many girls mature in their early 20s and guys in the late 20s. You can meet half way, of course, but sometimes, if both partners are at different stages in their life, things might not work out. Take me, for instance. I have 2 years left at university. I'm in an apartment, all right, but I know a lot of people my age whom are still living with mommy and daddy. Lots of girls are still virgins at that age, too.Many of them are still dreaming of the prince charming who'd sweep them off their feet and carry them to their bed. I really like the idea of a grown, mature man. I really do. But I'm honest enough to realize that although I don't belong to the "kids' table", I still don't feel as mature as the late 20s men I work with in my engineering internship. They've graduated, they have experience and they are mostly settled. I'm nowhere near that. I can aim for that, but it doesn't mean I pretend to be at the same page as they are. I'm 21 for christsake, and I'm still at the stage in my life where I wonder if my boyfriend loves me as much as I love him when he takes to long to reply to my messages. I'm mature in most aspects of my life but I'm far from emotionally mature. That'll take me a LONG while to get there.

Age limit? I've dated 5 years older and it was way too old for me, although this guy had his life nowhere figured out!

• They will but you need to keep in mind they are in their early 20s and just entering the "finding themselves" and partying stages.

Though it's only a small 8ish year gap they may be in a total different life spot than you. If you want to settle down you have to find one looking for the same as it's not fair to deny someone this part of their life.

My friend is 29 and all his gfs are around 20-22 and he is always whining and upset with them because all they want to do is party and not take things seriously.

• i wouldn't mind I like older men but its funny because all my bfs have been younger then me lol

hooking up...as long as every1 is over 18 who cares about the age

dating no more than 10 years or so because of the maturity difference and life experience; and it not a myth that older people tend to take advantage of the young ones. but on the other hand young men will take advantage of older women. I'm not going into that >.>

Now I was 16 and hooked up with a 32 year old and I would still hook up with him if I wanted. and when I was 19 I was talking to a guy way older lol but he didn't understand what I live with my mom and don't have a lot of freedom means so I had to cut him off.

I wouldn't mind dating older men but I wouldn't get into anything too serious until I got to know him better

• I prefer guys in my own age group, but if he's a little older that's cool as long as he isn't boring and doesn't "act old". Like ultra sophisticated and doesn't like my idea of fun. Basically we have to be compatible and he has to be able to keep up with me

• I'm almost 21 and would definitely date a guy your age. My limit is probably 30, but it depends on the guy's personality.

However, if I'm crushing on him before knowing how old he is, his age won't matter to me in the end.

• I'm turning 21 in around two weeks, I am personally attracted to older men, anywhere between 24-30 because I could make better conversation with them than I would if they're younger and I don't normally get along with my peers. I guess it's all a matter of opinion, but I find men are more wise once they're over 24 or so, so I simply prefer them older.

• Well I'm only 19, so you could say that I don't count but I'd much rather date someone in your age range than mine. My age group is working to get their life together and you either already have it there or pretty close to being established. Hopefully you're a little more mature and goal oriented.

I have a pretty serious mindset for dating. I don't have sex with a guy I can't seeing a good father and I don't date anyone who I couldn't see being a good husband. I obviously don't want those things for years but I get pregnant or things come up I want to know that I with a guy you who is serious and the guys my age just aren't.

• In general, I like guys in my own age group. 20-25. But if a guy were a few years older than that, it wouldn't be a big enough deal that I would feel less attracted to him because of it.

• Why don't you try to date someone who is a little bit younger than you? It's not like your options are either 32 or 21. Since you're 28, maybe you should try with girls who are in the 25-28 range. Personally since I'm 19, it would be creepy if a guy over 24 asked me out. I prefer to date in the 18-21 range.

• I see what you're saying, but I'm not looking to only go after early 20s women. I'm simply asking what my ideal minimum age my dating range should be. Heck I think I would feel weird dating a minor, but unless she's very mature and she really digs me I'll make exceptions.

• Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea

im 18 my mans 28

Im all for it

• am 26 years old so yes I would go out with a 20's 28-30 years old boy I like older boys than me

• I'm about to turn 18, and right now I am interested in a gentleman who is 27. He acts a little young for his age, and I am quite mature for mine. I have never had any interest in boys my age. I find them to be too immature. I graduated from high school 2 years ago and got a well paying job ($700 a week) and I have established myself on my own. So for me, I would be open to trying it. But I can see where there old be conflicts.

• Me, I would like to date some one who is a bit older than me ( it can even be days or months lol) but still close to my age. However, I'm still open to day guys who are a younger than me (18 being the youngest) and guys who are more than 3 years older than me. 10 years is the oldest I will go.

I'm 19 and the oldest guy that I've ever talk to was 39. We didn't actually date and it wasn't a friends with benefits thing either. We just talked and flirted. I was okay in the very beginning, but then I started to feel kinda ( I guess you would say) intimidated by him. I just feel so inexperienced with life compared to him. It kinda made me feel like a little girl.

So I try to stick with guys who are closer in age to me, but I'm open to guys who are no older than 10 years.

Also because I have young parents (mom 34, dad 38) . So its really awkward to imaging them bonding over the things back in their day.

• Yeah, my last one was 28 years old..

I'd say 30, 35... It depends.

But then I miss dating guys around my age.

My boyfriend is 22... So, it was a jump.. Different mind set.. Different stage at life.

It's interesting.

• if you don't want to date older women, why do you assume younger women want to date older you?

• I the most recent older girl I dated lied to me about her age; she wasn't 35, she was 42. And all she did was use me to buy her free sh*t and occupy and smoke in my apartment when I didn't want her there. She abused me and our friendship. It will be a while before I consider dating an older girl again. And I though maybe because at one point I liked older girls, I wanted to see if younger girls would be into older boys like me.

• I think if you find someone that young and you look her age it won't matter as much as the real age gap... But if you look OLD and the girls you aim for are looking their age or younger then your chances are very slim to none.. xD

• Every once in a while I still get carded when I buy alcohol, so I can't look THAT old

• But that's the law! I've seen them card old men with white hairs xD...

• Girls in college might not be a good idea if your old enough to be out of school.we are young and free so most younger girls probably wouldn't want to date a 28 year old,but you should go for maybe 25-27

• Depends on the guy. If he's stressing the marriage thing or kids, thn no.

• i'm 22 and wouldn't go older than about 25

• Yes plenty

What Guys Said 2

• Of course, they would.

• No matter what they say, most girls on here would indeed date a guy several years older like that up to around a decade if they find him attractive.