Guys would you date a single mum in Ireland in her mid twenties?

I'm a single mum of one little boy. I'm 25 this year and feel like I'm 65. Well mostly because when you head out in a small town like where I live you get the image that you should be at home. Now for the past six years since my little boy was born I only went out with ones from work on work nights out which happen usually once or twice a year. I'm back living with my parents whom are the best in the world in regards to minding him for me. The problem now I have most of the ones I work with are either married, engaged or dating someone they really like. I find it impossible at this stage to even have a conversation with a guy, usually because someone will shout out she a single mum wanting to tie you down. No offense but a conversion with people and maybe a bit more but to settle down for life with someone, I'm totally not there yet. Did meet a guy online who lived near me but turned out he had a girlfriend in another country. Now I don't mind people having girlfriends but hey don't try to ask me out for a date and get the girlfriend the next day to say stay away. When II asked why he done it, he said your the extremely skinny and talkive type and a single mum. No one in their right minds would date someone like you. I did wonder why being skinny and talkive would have anything to do with people not wanting to even speak to me at this point in time. So guys/ girls explain what it is that skinny and talkive and single mum would have to do with not talking to someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• What I look for are wife traits (cook, clean, sex), and the last important thing I look for is the willingness to work a relationship out. Be open to options and be willing to discuss solutions to a problem.

If a woman has those, id be willing to date her even if she has a kid.

What Guys Said 6

• I would be much more comfortable dating a single mother since turning 27 this year as I am maturer and financially secure.

If you had asked me the same question five years ago the answer would have been a resounding no. Not that I was that interested in any kind of serious relationship at 22.

I recommend dating older bachelor men who are in their late 20s to early 30s as they will be more comfortable with this kind of dynamic in the dating world. Many of them may even offer financial support if they fall in love with you. You do anything for the person you love. It's only money. Love is more important.

Single mothers don't need to be saved as they tend to be quite capable women, but you cannot deny another income earner in the household makes life easier.

• No, even though I dated Irish girls before, I would never date a single mum. The baggage thing, you know.

• I wouldn't date a single mum, period.

• If she doesn't have a children, yes. Otherwise, no

• I don't live anywhere close to Ireland, so I don't imagine I would get involved with a single mom in Ireland.

• I would only date a single mother if she was widowed.

What Girls Said 0