How should I start talking to someone I've never met?

So there is this girl I like, well I guess I find her attractive. We are Facebook friends, but never even met or talked. We graduated from the same high school. I'm 20, she's 19. I find her attractive, and we both are huge on politics. I'm thinking of sending her a message giving her my phone number, so we can text. I'm obviously looking to get to know her better before asking her out. Any ideas on the message I should send her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Be aggressive. Ask her in the text to meet you, informally, for cofee or somethng. NOT a formal date or anything, but push meeting face to face right away. You already know you have things in common, you already have chatted online. Go for it!

de l'audace, as Danton said.

What Girls Said 3

• Start talking to her on there. Meeting up and stuff might be a little creepy at first. See if you have any mutual friends. That's your best option. If you happen to meet through people, things will be so much easier for you.

• Keep it casual, start up a conversation about your high school and then mention that you noticed that she's into politics and you are too. If you guys have chemistry the rest will just fall in place.

• Send her a message telling her you would like to have a discussion on politics. If she responds ask for her number so you can do it over coffee or something.

What Guys Said 2

• Uhh, sending your number to her is the wrong way to go about it. Get her number, setup the date, and take initiative + be confident; girls expect guys to carry the date for some reason. Try to get her number in person too instead of just getting it over Facebook. Furthermore, I'd recommend staying away from politics too much--obviously you can talk about it a bit, but it's one of those things that can turn a romantic date into a business dinner. It's anti flirty basically.

• Simply find common points of interest.