Girls and Guys: What's the best suggestion for a fun, non serious first date?

Just for future references and ideas, guys and girls, what's the most fun thing you did on a first date and why? Also, what's a good suggestion/idea to do to get to know someone better?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, for one first date, we went to Starbucks and just chatted for hours. I didn't have any money, so I wasn't going to get anything, but she bought me a drink anyway. I thought that was really nice, (especially after one of my exes.)

I've always thought picnics were good, too. I just haven't don it yet.

With another girl I dated, we would just go on long walks in the woods.

So, I haven't done much TOO exciting for a first date.

But basically, you need stimulation. I would totally recommend AGAINST getting dinner at some fancy restaurant. It's totally awkward, if feels like an interview, and everything becomes "proper dating/dining etiquette."

What Guys Said 3

• I'm going to go ahead and say fun shouldn't necessarily be the emphasis for a first date. Do something simple -- get a beverage and chat in a neutral location. Coffee, alcohol, or freaking hot chocolate (way underused, seriously...who doesn't like hot chocolate?)

• Dave & Busters

You'll thank me later.

• This one time I took a girl to a sex shop. Was great, we looked at dildos for hours and just talked. We learnt a lot about each other. I met her at a party, I lost a bet to her so I had to take her out on a date. The secound date was more serious.

What Girls Said 4

• I would suggest going to a park and talking, however, movies, the cliche mall date and others such as that are nice as well. Depending on what type of people you two are a bookstore or cafe that serves tea or coffee could be fun too.

• Would a football game count...?

• I always think the first date should be about feeling comfortable around each other, so something fun and exciting where you aren't required to chat for a long period of time. I always like amusement parks or zoos or even concerts. I would leave the coffee or dinner dates until the second date.

Answer this?

link

• one of my favorite dates was going to the zoo. We got to talk and get to know each other better, but not serious cause who can be serious around monkeys