Wouldn’t it be cute to date someone with the same/similar name?

Wouldn’t it be cute to date someone with the same or similar surname? Or the same/similar forename? For example Daniel and Danielle/Daniella. Jacob and Jacqueline. Victor and Victoria.

Anyone on GAG ever had that experience?

Most Helpful Guy

• My father's surname and mother's maiden name are the same apart from the last letter (and their birthdays are only 2 days apart), and I also know a Michael & Michelle who are married.

The female equivalent of my name is very old-fashioned and rare, so I don't think it's very likely to happen to me.

What Girls Said 3

• both sets of my grandparents were like this,

Lester & Nester (what are the odds?) and Mary & Martin

• I know coulples like this, like DON and DONNA. Personally, since my name is the girl version of my dad's, there is no way I would date someone with his name- a bit unfortunate, since it's a popular name.

• Haha. My first crush was a girl who had the same name as one of my aunts (also a popular name), so that put me off a little.

• I know a guy who dated a girl with the same name as him. She joked they'd both have the same name if they were to get married, he stopped dating her.

What Guys Said 2

• Well since my name is nature based it is considered a gender neutral name in my country, so it's possible that I could date a person with the same name, though it would be quite weird. But other than that there isn't actually any similar sounding names, to my knowledge. Though even if there was, I doubt I would find it cute.

• It would be an interesting novelty! 8-)