Do you find people to be generally too enveloped in their own lives?

I noticed lately that I haven't really reached out to any friends and not one of them has texted, called or anything to say what's up. Kinda makes me feel like people are too wrapped up in their own lives to really keep in touch but thankfully I am usually out and about and busy so it doesn't bother me too much.

How many of you people if you left your phone off for a day would come back to missed calls or text messages from people wondering where you were? Personally at most I would have 1-2 but it'd have to be if I left it off for multiple days most likely.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I left my phone off for a week nobody will have tried to contact me...because I'm so popular. But if I spend the night at a guys place I'm guaranteed to have 20 missed calls from my mother withing the space of as many minutes because she thinks I'm dead or have been kidnapped or something. It's like she can sense I'm having fun.

I'm taking a career break at the moment in a foreign country and so I reckon if I died in my apartment I could go 4 days before I'm missing from something and possibly a week or two before anyone thinks of contacting a family member. BTW I would never recommend that anybody spends too much time alone in a foreign country where they know nobody and don't speak the language. You end up writing paragraphs like this one.

Anyways yeah people are very absorbed in their own lives. It's survival I guess. Nothing personal but sometimes when you're run down or stressed a simple thing like a friendly chat can seem like far too much effort.

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe it's because I'm older, but I don't have to keep in touch with people on a daily basis. I talk to people when I feel like talking to them, no need to maintain constant contact. Sometimes it's a few days, sometimes it's a few weeks - I've even gone years. It's not being wrapped up in my own life though, it's just life.

So I get treated the same way. I've gone days without receiving phone calls, emails, or texts.

• It happens to everyone of us. We all get busy, but I find that it's important to remember to text everyone at least once per month to keep everyone close. (You never know when you will need a good friend's letter of recommendation.. and one that says "I've known him for 10 years" is better than "I've known him for 2 weeks")

• For a day ? No one lol but if I went on vacation for a month lots of people.

• There's a lot going on in my life right now and I'm really just trying to take things one hour at a time, haha!

I usually don't text people first, just because I don't really talk that much to many people. When I do, I get ignored a lot, haha! So I eventually just got used to not initiating that way.

Turn off my phone for one day? I probably wouldn't have anything... maybe one or two texts. I'm not bothered by that though. Most of the time, I like being left alone. I'm quite the loner :-)

What Guys Said 3

• This seems like a poplar trend. Physical contact is rare. I often get ignored many times, whether in text or in person. I understand that other people have their life too instead of trying to entertain me. But once in a while is good to stay in touch. Anything less than that, is odd.

• It's possible I might have one after a week assuming no group projects for a class. People don't text me that often.

• pretty much, my job tends to suck the life out of me and I don't feel like doing much.as for close friends I wouldn't say I have any really. gone multiple days with out phone calls or texts. id say iam pretty used to it