Fling/Unofficial dating - Was it really nerves, or is he full of it?

I met a boy through a common friend while on vacation and we all hung out together. He had a girlfriend at the time, so we really didn't do anything past chit-chat. One night, he came over with his friends and his friend was hitting on me; he still had a girlfriend then. We both stayed over at our common friend's house and ended up sharing a bed. There was only one blanket, so we ended up cuddled up for warmth and spent the night talking. Like, the next day, he dumped his girlfriend and started hanging out with me more. In no time we started hooking up, texting all the time and spending every day together. It was kinda common knowledge that it wasn't supposed to be a 'thing', since I was on vacation and just visiting but it felt like it was becoming one. He stopped saying how hot I was and telling me I was bangin' and moved onto calling me beautiful and texting me just to say goodnight; I met all of his friends, his family, hung out with everyone he knew, we held hands/kissed in public and he never corrected everyone who thought we were dating. We got pretty close to sex a few times, but I've never had a fling before and couldn't get into it. Everything was like dating for over a month, then outta nowhere he just stopped replying to my texts and would keep making plans but bailing on them; I didn't see him for like two weeks, even though he'd reply to my texts and still agree to chill. I pretty much told him to man up and at least be honest about us not chilling anymore - to stop making plans and bailing - to just say whatever since we weren't dating and he swore he wasn't done with us. He started hanging back out with me again, but I wasn't into it because I didn't believe his excuse for disappearing for two weeks: He said that he liked me too much and couldn't deal with the fact that I was gonna leave after break. What do you think - real feelings, or total bull?

I wonder if it was all work towards a summer fling that he got bored of, or if he really did get attached and then scared; there was never any push for sex or anything but some heavy petting; what do you guys think?

How much effort actually goes into securing a summer fling? I mean, this boy offered to let me drive his crazy expensive car just to teach me stick and told me I was unlike any girl he'd ever met before.

Bullsh*t or feeling overload?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it was scary for him because if you really like someone and then realize their just going to leave you, that's a lot to take in. The fact that he broke up with his girlfriend for you should say enough, but its all in the type of person he is, you can usually tell if someones a player or a lover.

What Guys Said 1

• It's quite the nerves from the looks of it.

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like he does, but it may be bullsh*t because I think if he really cared for you he would tell you why he didn't talk to you those two weeks and probably ask you on more dates and to be his girlfriend, but he may like you and just may not be ready, you could try the same game on him and see what his reaction is?

• I think it's bull since he would have made it more clear he liked you and maybe even left his girlfriend if he truly liked you.