38 year old Russell Brand dating 23 year old "step daughter" of Chelsea Handler - what do you girls think?

link

Is he too old for her? Does it look creepy? Do the girls in the 23 age range think they would date a guy almost 40? What is the appeal here for her? The adam levine is dating a girl he is a decade older than, too. Do a lot of women just like dating decade plus older men?

So is the girls dating decade plus older guys thing just for money?
So it was pointed out correctly that the girl is probably not dating Brand for his money because she is in a super rich family and will inherit ownership of the hotel chain. That means she is prob dating him for some legit reason - what do you girls think it is? How many of you have dated that much older?
Last update: Kate Upton who just turned 21 has been seen dating a 33 year old and a 42 year old in the last week!

link

Now Ryan Phillippe, who is 38, is dating a college girl at 21.

College girls and girls in early 20s, what do you think of this? Would you date a guy in his early, mid, or late 30s if he was handsome and still in shape and didn't look old in the face?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok... might as well weigh in here, after reading everyone's answers.

My last girlfriend was MANY years younger than me- a far larger age gap than the one you're talking about.

It was all very legal. I'm not rich. She was actually the rich one (I found out well after we started out... and it made no difference whatsoever). She did not have a daddy thing any more than I was looking for a young girl because of some middle age crisis. Far from it in either case.

I found out later that her mother (who was much closer in age to me) had also had a thing for older guys- dating for years a man twice her age... and her mother before her had married an even older man. Maybe it ran in the family genes.

I didn't go after the girl. but the other way around. Why? I dunno. She just liked me- and made her point clear. I actually put her off for a couple of years... but she was smart as hell and a knock-out to boot- so eventually I gave in. By that time I really REALLY liked her- and vice-versa.

The 1st time we kissed it was totally electric. That girl just zapped me: lips-nuts-toes and back to lips, taking the same route. That was it. We were together.

I won't lie... the sex was outstanding. This wasn't because she was younger- but because we just fit beautifully together. There's a lot more to great sex than just a couple of bodies slamming around. Our bodies- and minds- were just made for each other.

We had several good years together... so it was no flash in the pan. The first couple of years were quite spectacular, even. The girl knew how to love.

I am age blind as well as color blind... always have been. My 1st serious relationship was with a woman 14 years older than me. Before and after her I'd often dated women several years older. They were HOT and we could talk about stuff too.

Age continues to play no part whatsoever. I'll date older and younger- it doesn't matter. Its NEVER been about age (or money) and never will be... but about force of personality, mostly.

I really respond to "spark"... and intelligence... and "nice"... meaning kind and sweet natured, and generousity of spirit.

... and I could give a flying f*ck what others think about what I do, too.

What Girls Said 20

• It depends on the people. When I see celebrities especially a very wealthy or famous man with a less famous woman on his arm (and who also happens to be at least 10 years his junior) I think there`s a reason, and that the reason isn`t just that they clicked so well. A lot of the time in the ``real world`` when you see such a big age difference I really think it just had to do with the fact that the people clicked with each other, regardless of age. Men can be 40 and totally immature, and a woman at 25 can be very mature. On the other hand, you see a rich guy in his 50`s with a hot chick on his arm young enough to be his daughter and everyone wonders what`s REALLY up with that.

I dated a guy 15 years older than me for many, many years. The age thing didn`t really come up unless we were discussing cultural references we each didn`t know due to the age gap. In a lot of ways, I liked being much younger because it made me feel youthful and sexy. I liked the idea of having an older man who could `protect me` in some ways. But I just like maturity, the actual age of a person doesn`t matter all that much.

• How old were you when you dated the 15 years older guy? How did you meet and start dating?

• I was 24 when we met. We've only recently put things on hold (I am now 32). He was 39 when we started seeing each other. We met at work. He was a mentor to me (I know, it was completely inappropriate, but we were drawn to each other from the start). I am now starting a relationship with a 37 year old. Only five years older than me but I like his maturity.

• Bloogoo - I sure like to think so ;) I don't know that intelligence and age gaps go hand in hand, however. I have seen my fair share of unintelligent girls and older guys. But, in my situation, I like to think he and I had a real meeting of the minds; after all, we shared a career, had similar values, and truly respected each other, though for different reasons.

• 1: Who is Chelsea Handler, and why does she matter?

2: That girl is uber rich.. if anything, Brand is dating her for her money

• She is the same age as Brand and is dating this girl's dad who is in his 50s I think. it is in the link

• ok, so why does she even matter? She isn't even this girls mother...

• Just funny how she is the same age as the guy dating her potential step daughter

• I'm sure she's with him for the money, that's the sad reality of the entertainment business, people are desperate for money and fame..

Personally, I would never date anyone over 5 years older than me (and that's kind of pushing it) I don't see the appeal *shudders*

• She's an heiress to a hotel chain, I think she has enough money. And the article describes her as "camera-shy" so I doubt fame is in her mind either.

• I don't care about a guy just because he's hot, I'm very good at telling a persons age (even with Asians)

I've also never been in a relationship, and if I ever got with an older guy, most likely he would want something very physical, and I'm waiting til marriage...so that's part of my reason, I'd just rather have a guy around my age, I don't like younger guys either.

• @ Update...my answer still stands

• I pretty much only go for men older than me. It's not a conscious thought process, but it just seems to happen that way for me. However, I've never had an age gap quite that far apart.

She's probably with him because he's a good time, at 23 that's what you are looking for. But who am I to judge, I'm not in their social circle, maybe it is true love.

• How big have your age gaps been?

• The appeal is that he is much older obviously.

Automatically he is wiser, calmer, more mature, stronger emotionally, maybe even physically at this age, more experienced, wealthier, of better social standing, more skilled than his younger self. Basically more powerful than he was as a young man.

Women don't see young or old, as much as they see weak or strong.

I personally don't find the guy attractive since he looks like a hippie. Which to me translates to "dumbass". Of course I can't claim it for sure. I don't know him. Just a presumption.

As for 40 year olds in general. No. Just no for me.

Nothing in common and probably too awkward. I'm also a very energetic and hyper girl, while most of older guys seem too calm, serious and slow for my taste. Plus when people in general patronize me, which those much older insist on doing I cringe.

• Good points. How much older have you dated? You seem to speak from experience. This is very interesting to get the feedback of younger girls on this issue.

• 8 years older was oldest I dated.

• 8 isn't too bad. Especially something like 22 vs 30 isn't very different in my experience. 18 and 26 is a big difference though, or at least it can be. To me the biggest differences seem to come whether the younger person has finished college yet.

• Eww, probably for money.

Doesnt matter what anyone says I think he looks gay and she can do way way way better!

• My opinion? Russell Brand is hot. And they are both consenting adults, so it's no one's business.

I've never dated an older man. Normally, I wouldn't. I'm typically not attracted to much older men. Not even older men with money. I don't care enough about money to subject myself to dating someone I'm not really that into because they're rich.

• The appeal of dating an older man is because they are usually more interested in serious relationships than guys in their early twenties. Older guys are (typically) more settled and mature, while younger guys are (typically) not.

• Im 20 and I see this 40 y.o. guy in church who I find really attractive, but might think twice on dating. So if the guy respects the girl and the difference of ages isn't bigger than like 15 years then I don't find it creepy.

• Why do you think twice on dating him? Would you date him?

• Yeah. Most guys I don't think immediately want to marry and have kids like women do though, no matter what age!

• yeha exactly.

• I quite enjoy Brand's humor, so I can see why he'd appeal to someone. And really who's business is to say who's too old for whom. If the relationship works and their both enjoying themselves, then all the power to them.

• Would you date that much older though?

• Maybe. If I really like the guy.

But the thing with age difference is, that I probably won't actively pursue guys older than me, so it's unlikely to happen. But I wouldn't say no, if a guy older than me, who I liked, asked me out.

• I see what you mean. I was kind of the same way about older women. The older women will definitely persue younger guys though :)

• it is super creepy

• I can't even begin to think of these pathetic people...BUT...I can say that Russell B is extremely unattractive and this relationship of his with whomever will be over soon enough...like most relationships in Hollywood.

I don't really care why she is dating him because I don't really care about Russell B,but in my own life,I have no real interest in dating someone with that large of an age gap.I want someone closer to my age or a little younger.Someone who can grow with me.

Johnny Depp is dating some chick who is like 27.Leonardo Dicaprio is supposedly dating a 20 year old model.Notice,these guys jump from woman to woman and that's because Hollywood is a joke.Johnny is the only one who has had a substantial relationship of 15 years and kids,but I guess Vanessa Paradise got too "old"...who knows.

God forbid a woman dates guys this young...she will be stoned! This society sucks.Its superficial and everyone treats each other like they are easily replacable.Its all about ego,and getting you d*** wet with a flavor of the month,and these silly girls allow it.Its actually quite pathetic.

• No, I think it is hot when an attractive woman dates a much younger guy. I have certainly had my share of older women, and they are amazing. PLenty of guys will do this, and the people who have the biggest problem with it are other women, most men don't care or think it is cool like I do. Plenty of the young women answering on this question seem to have experience dating older guys or are open to it. Who cares what other people think though? Do what you want to do.

• I'm talking about on a larger scale as in...the world.Not just your opinion or the members of GAG.I have seen this myself and other instances in the media,women who date younger men are often criticized very publicly for it.I don't live my life in the spot light,and in general...I don't give two craps about anyone we are talking about...just chiming in with an opinion.But of course,since I don't actually care,I will of course do what I want to do.

• Oh, I see what you mean. I honestly think that the double standard toward women dating younger is starting to change. TV shows like Desperate Housewives and just what I have personally seen make it a lot funnier/cooler/in style among the younger guy crowd. Younger women might still bitch because they don't want the competition, and I don't blame them! Older women are way more confident and better at convos and making me feel comfortable and of course way better at something else :)

• I'm interested in someone much older then me at the moment. Which has surprised me! I am in my mid 30's and he is in his mid to late 40's.

Apparently he is single as well and have seen some signs of flirtation coming from his side as well which I don't mind at all. :).

This has totally surprised me cause I am usually more attracted to people my age! But if you are over 21 and respect each other. Don't see a problem with it.

• What is it about him that you like?

• His personality. He is outgoing, playful and has a good sense of humor. Not bad for someone his age. :).

• I don't find it creepy at all. They are both adults, and both are already wealthy (hotel heiress). I hardly think she is with him for money.

As for dating older guys, I would do it. I am currently dating a guy 5 years older than me. It's not about money (I make just as much as the guy I am dating). It's more about the fact that the guys I have met that are my age, just do not want the same things that I do right now. I am 23, turning 24 in a couple months. In the next 5-7 years I would like to get married and start a family. In my experience, that's too soon for guys my age. They want to wait until they are 35+ before they even start to think about having kids.

I have already started my career, and I won't be able to push babies out forever. So if I want them, I need to start planning for that now, so several years down the road (5-7) I can start doing that. I'm currently saving for a house, so hopefully I will be able to buy one in the next few years.

I've never been a party girl. I've always been more career/family oriented. But I find it incredibly hard to date guys my age or younger, even if they are decent guys who want similar things. I just find they are not ready for it. Not all guys my age are like this, this has just been my personal experience over the years.

I currently just got out of a 2 year relationship, where I found the guy I had been dating didn't want those things yet.

• That is true. Very few guys in early to mid 20s are seriously thinking about a family and settling down. I can see why girls interested in that would like much older guys.

• I think it's okay. They're both adults afterall. I've seen even bigger age differences.

Could I date a guy that old? Absolutely not lol

• How old are you and what is the biggest age difference you could go then?

• I prefer guys who are within only a few years of me, although only 1-2 years older ideally.

As for your update, you're only using examples from hollywood. Most college girls date guys around their own age.

• It's Hollywood. I would personally never, I don't consider anyone more than 6 years older than me. I guess there is some appeal, but I never see it. Unless I wanted to get married and start a family right away. Then yes.

• Well wait, how old are you? Just curious how much older 6 years is for you.

• I'm 20. Most of the guys I'm interested in are 22 to 25.

• nothing too unusual for Hollywood!

• But what about for regular people? Is that weird?

• he must have an awesome personality... or she is ugly, has bad self esteem or daddy issues...

• So it isn't possible for a girl to just date an older guy who isn't rich if she doesn't have issues?

• Not weird at all. I like dating older.

• How much older?

• In general, were the two older guys better than guys your age? How did you hide the 44 year old from your parents?

• The older guys were better. It always helps when at least one person in the relationship is well established.

I live alone and pretty much do my own thing. It was very easy to hide the 44 year old. My parents don't know about everything I do. :)

• I don't see the appeal in Brand at all.

And you should leave your house more often.

• I never want to leave my house, ever!

• She will probably move on and do better, she's a pretty girl so finding someone better won't be difficult. Too old I don't think because I honestly don't believe age has a number but they both could have totally different views of what they want from each other. He could possibly want to start a family at his age and she probably doesn't. The age range question like I said I don't have an issues with it but if it happens that I can see myself with someone that old sure why not. Adam is just sexy he doesn't appear his age at all.

• They just look kinda odd together. Did you see the pics in the link? He looks like he is her dad lol

• Yeah he does.

• Would you date that much older? Have you?

• There is only an age difference of 15 years... If that freaks you out you really need to get out more.

• So 15 year age difference is common with girls?

• Have you dated that much older?

• why is it common when a girl is 23?

What Guys Said 13

• I never take celebrities and the filthy rich into consideration when it comes to topics such as this. They seem to have the right to do the questionable, the morally incorrect and the shameless while suffering almost no ill effects publicly.

If these were two normal people, I would frown upon it but wouldn't think it's completely bad. The younger person is 23, this is classified as an adult. Supposedly, a person of that age should know what they are doing and what they are getting themselves into.

In my experiences, MOST women who date decade plus men are in it for stability, money and the laughable notion of maturity. Even allowing for that, MOST women who are into older men are still selective about tall, handsome, etc. Just any older man simply won't do, else I'd be cleaning up my college with dozens of hot young chicks.

Hope this helps

• I'm sorry, but Russell Brand has probably shagged half the legal female population of the UK!

It's human nature to see division between people, and why you should not speak to that person, for they are different, you won't have anything in common! Happens with age, gender, relationship status, political views, religious views, outward appearance, social status, etc. You can watch this take place on a day to day basis if you watch your internal monologue. There's more commonality between people than we think. Who cares who is shagging who? Why is it anybody else's business? If the relationship is to break down, why is that a matter for anybody else? Love and enjoying human company is true. The mind and its myriad conditioned responses should be exposed for what they are!

When I'm 40, I'd be chuffed to be still shagging 20 year olds, if I hadn't yet settled down. Sod your bloody moralising!

• If he is anything like he acts on TV then he has the character of an 18 year old.

Some people are old when they are 23 and some people are young when they are 38.

I find it hard to imagine myself dating a 23 year old and I'm only 27. I would think that a 38 year old has nothing to say to a 23 year old but hey, if they both feel like it... Enjoy.

• 'Do a lot of women just like dating decade plus older men'?- when they have a chance to soak up money out of these older guys it's not surprising to see it. remember anna nicole smith?

• @ update: not 100% of the time, but more often than these people care to admit too.

• She is cute. I don't think its creepy really. I know that Chelsea Handler does not care for Russell Brand... She hates him watch her interview with him.

She probably just wants to date a funny guy. I think he can be pretty funny.

• I definetley think he is too old

• He's basically a child anyway.

• I typically don't care what other people do in their dating lives, as long as its not illegal.

• That's quite creepy.

• Old men like young women. Get over it.

• It's hilarious how many people are totally OK with two dudes dating, but a male-female couple that doesn't fit within their narrow definition of an acceptable relationship really gets their dander up. Here's a thought, how about people love whoever the hell they want to, and the rest of us don't judge them for it.

• She must want a relationship to fail and probably wants to get some cash

• Even if girls are rich they prefer to date someone richer

• I call that fked UP !

• I got down rated probably by 30 year old and up who like younger girls ! ( for those Guys that do , they should go fk themselfs)