Guys, would you simply dismiss her?

I have been chatting to a guy online everyday for a month now, he seems very keen and open with me about everything. He even talks about future plans for us both even though we Haven't met yet. There are 100's of photos of me online which he has seen and he thinks are stunning. But I'm REALLY worried that once he sees me he won't fancy me and will think I'm ugly in the flesh as I think I look better on photos. Our date is tomorrow but I'm really scared. Would a guy that's been talking for a girl for so long not dismiss her simply because she doesn't look exactly like her photos? Surely as there are 100's of photos of me from different angles that should mean that I can't look that dissimilar to gross him out in person? P.S I have done this before, I had a year long internet 'relationship' with a guy because I was too scared to meet him, now I regret that I never met him and don't want to go through all of that again for so long.

Most Helpful Guy

• With the exception of one strange instance in the past, I actually think people look better in real life than they do in photos. Photos are flat 2D images so they don't bring in the natural lighting and dimensions to properly accentuate people's facial and body structures. That said, you're probably too judgmental on yourself. I mean those "100's of photos" are recent, correct? If so, then the guy should already have a pretty damn solid idea on what to expect when he sees you in person.

The only thing you can do is look your best, act your best, and be your best during the date. Even if you're scared, you should go through with this. You don't want to regret things like the last time.

What Guys Said 6

• try not to let your nerves get the better of you. sure you may not look 100% like your pictures but not many people look exactly like their photos.

there is just reason to stress this so much I'd imagine if he's seen as many pictures as you've said he'll have a good idea what you look like. Just ejoy the date, relax and know that he wouldn't put in all the time and effort if he didn't have feelings for you

• The photos almost certainly look close enough to you in reality that even if you don't look quite as good, it would be in the same ballpark.

• well if you don't meet him, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Just because it happened once, doesn't mean it'll happen again.

• what happened once? noones rejected me before.

• "P.S I have done this before, I had a year long internet 'relationship' with a guy because I was too scared to meet him, now I regret that I never met him and don't want to go through all of that again for so long."

THIS supposedly happened according to you...you weren't rejected, but you keep on being scared of it and regretting it. Rejection is always a possibility, get over it, or you'll never get anybody.

• relax...it'll be fine. That's the problem with putting too much into an online 'romance'. They're not based in reality.

• don't worried, not everybody judge someone by face. Another you are chating more time and disscussing more things.

• Of course, we would.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't worry about it. That's a lot of photos, I'm sure he's got a decent idea of what you look like. I recently met someone in person that I had started talking to online and the reaction was positive. As long as the photos are recent, don't worry about it. Go meet him in a public low-key setting and enjoy. Don't let it go on too long, that's the trouble with the internet. I did have to wait 6 weeks due to work but it was worth every minute. It's okay to be scared, I was so worried and scared. But then I met him and it was amazing LOL. Just dress in something you are comfortable wearing (as in don't wear a dress if you never wear dresses), and have fun.

• please please please meet him do not chicken out. you already have regretted doing it once so do not let this chance pass. I have done this myself and boy have I been kicking myself over it. he is probably having the exact same feelings about meeting up with you after all this time. and no one ever looks like their photo anyhow. so no worries about it and enjoy yourself.