How do you know if something is meant to be with someone if you haven't dated

You see them around, or talk to them, etc, but you guys never dated

Any stories?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I thought I was meant to be with someone I never dated in hs because, when we met it was really weird, and time kind of froze for me when I looked into her eyes the first time, and my heart stopped blah blah and all these other things. But she got over that very quick, so obviously we weren't meant to be. Not sure if I even believe in a meant to be anymore, she dated some other guy all throughout hs that imo seemed like a real jerk, so it's just hormones and what you feel at the time that makes you THINK you're meant to be with someone in the end you just end up with whomever, it's all about the time in you're life and what stage that depends on who you will marry and stuff, not meant to be.

What Guys Said 2

• You really get to know people in everyday life, when they are under stress. That tells you more about them than what happens at candlelit dinners.

Personally, I think you know if someone is meant to be with you from the first time you see or talk to them, or see them in action in a real life problematic situation.

That's where you see their real character, imao.

• You can't know you're meant to be with someone, or you would be predicting the future. It's just a mix of chemicals in your brain, some people spark these reactions more than others, and more attraction.

There was this one girl like 5 years ago, I instantly liked her and thought in my head we were meant to be, she had a crush on me at the time too. But neither of us decided to follow it for some reason (I was young). Anyway, like a year later she totally changed completely, to the point I didn't even recognize her anymore, and I really didn't like how she was. People change a lot over time, especially at a young age, so I don't really think we can say we are "meant to be" with someone until you have actually been with them for a very long time.

What Girls Said 0