Would this scare a guy off?

Hey :) I'm pretty terrible at the initial first bits of texting/dating game!

Basically met someone and only had 2 dates but there's instant chemistry :)

and were chatting texting as you do, he's asking to meet up and I want to but, I was admitted to hospital on Friday (it's Sunday) and I'm going to be for a minimum of a week, maybe longer, I cringe at when I lie but don't want to come across as heavy or looking for sympathy, shall I just say I'm busy this week pretend I'm at work as normal and busy with other stuff or just tell the truth, was thinking something like that could scare a guy off?

I might be being dumb here hah! Maybe I should tell the truth but keep it brief?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have, brains in overload ATM so my decision skills are out of whack haha!

What Guys Said 1

• What is wrong? Is it something chronic that will make you sick for a long time, or just something temporary? WE kind of have to know to give you a worthwhile answer.

Guys would be scared off if you have something that will require repeated stays in a hospital..but it's a one-time hospital visit, and the prognosis is OK, no guy will be too worried about it.

• Thank you for you answer.

Hm okay - Yeah ill have it for life, inflammatory disease that runs in the family - that'll be manageable after this hospital stint ill just have to have a bit of a lifestyle change.

Is that too heavy? At this stage I figure I don't have to go into too much detail?

I figure from his communication patterns we will probs talk every other day this week so I figure with the whole "been up to much today" that's quite a few lies! Thoughts? :)

• That is very wise, thank you, not something I can hide easily in the long run!

• Good luck, hopehe turns out to be a good guy. Plus, you'll feel right about yourself for doing the right thing.

What Girls Said 0