I just found out a guy I'm dating has an arrest record? What should I do?

I looked his name up on google and I was expecting to see his picture or sports highlights and I saw his arrest record with his mugshot next to it. He was arrested at his old college for possession and marijuana.He's told me that he doesn't smoke weed anymore but his car smelled like it and he posted on instagram 2 days ago of being faded. It's been less than a year since his arrest in August 2012 and he still smokes it even after all that.I've only known him for 3 weeks and I do like him. But I'm having second thoughts. It's very early in the dating phase so should I leave or am I over reacting?

Thanks

Also what should I say to break it off? Especially to explain my snooping

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really think it's 'snooping'... that kind of info is public record, first of all, and there is NO shame in being the type of woman who makes sure that she isn't dating a guy with a criminal record.

I can totally understand why you'd be conflicted, but the thing is, behavior like this is a "red flag" that a guy is more trouble than he's worth. I don't know the entire situation, but I know that if you have doubts about a guy at 3 weeks, you should seriously question if this guy is right for you.

What Guys Said 3

• There's nothing to apologize for. Curiosityis normal, and it's public information. Clearl why he is a pothead, and a liar...two strikes are enough for most people.

Just be honest; tell him to stop toking and lying and he'd be more likely to find someone.

• Don't date him.

• There's no point in trying to change him.

I'm guessing from your question you disapprove of marijuana. So you should leave him.

What Girls Said 1

• If what he`s doing makes you unhappy, go.