If it was a bad first kiss is it a bad match?

So I kissed my boyfriend for the first time today and it wa, well, really bad. It was awkward and he kept kinda moving his face side to side really quick. There was like no sexiness to it, I didn't really feel anything but kinda awkward is this a bad sign?

Most Helpful Guy

• My last relationship with a girl started off with a really bad kiss. I guess in a sense we were both really drunk and she was heading out and I just grabbed her and kissed her full-force with the strength of a thousand suns. I guess she wanted it too because she didn't push me away, but man I was like hungry as a beast. When we parted, I felt really happy inside. The next day I ended up smashing my head against a wall because I realized my first kiss with her was done in a very sloppy and stupid manner... But we still ended up going out on dates and kissing (normally) thereafter.

I don't know, if you're not feeling it right now maybe it was just because it was so awkward overall. If the guy doesn't know how to kiss, you may have to guide him, like make him slow down a bit so he doesn't keep shifting his face side to side or something. Hold your hands against his cheeks (though I think it should be the guy doing this to the girl) to steady him or something.

What Guys Said 3

• Lol no sometimes it takes a little bit to get used to each other. For some reason, my last girlfriend and I bumped teeth a few times the first time we ever made out, which had never happened to me before, but it never happened again after that. Just try it a few more times, and don't be afraid to give him a little instruction (but do it nicely...a lot of guys have fragile egos).

• No it's not a bad sign. If he doesn't get any better on his own, just teach him. You don't have to be mean and tell him he doesn't know how to kiss, you just say something like, "I think it's hot when you do while we make out" or just point blank, "I want you to ." If he doesn't get the picture and start trying that and learning it, then I don't know what would be wrong with him.

• It's not at all. A good kiss can be learned over time.

What Girls Said 0