Why do guys say they don't like to cuddle?

I'm dating this guy, and we haven't had sex yet but have slept in the same bed three times. He told me that he like to cuddle a little when he sleeps but then he'll like his own space. However, I've noticed that he gets way cuddly when we're sleeping. Like if I turn around, then he'll move with me and put his arms around me and stuff. Why do guys deny that they like to cuddle?

Most Helpful Guy

• i enjoy it to a certain extent. I usually always have a hard on when I go on a date I don't know why and I am crazy nervous. I think cuddling is good when you get to know them better like if they want to cuddle after a few dates it comes off to me as being needy and like she wants to move too fast. don't get me wrong, its OK to move fast but sometimes its nice to take it slow especially when you have a keeper! cuddling can get annoying if you fall into a routine of always watching a movie or tv. and sleeping in the same bed without having sex is odd to me. it just is, the bed is for 2 things making love and making z;s.

What Guys Said 2

• Why do you think this one guy represents all (or even a few) guys?

• Maybe they are concerned about coming off as weak, overly affectionate or needy. I personally LOVE cuddling and intimacy, but I kinda feel like I should keep women at a bit of a distance. I keep them at a distance, because I have come to realize with experience if women see too much of my emotional side they freak out and get scared away, generally by how much I love and care.

What Girls Said 2

• i don't think that he's denying that he likes to cuddle, maybe he only likes it sometimes it sounds normal I don't think you should over think this

• I read a study that said men want cuddling more than women