Why do I want to hook up with him? Guys, maybe you'd have some insight?

I dated him back in late November/December and until February (we broke up). We'd been flirting on and off for that school year and the year before. I liked him but when we began dating he became a rude person and was very critical of me in ways I didn't enjoy. However, I really want to make out with him for fun all of a sudden, I'm not generally a hook up person (never done it) but I want him... He's a jerk so I don't know how to approach the situation and we haven't talked since we broke up.

He most definitely is a jerk... .there's arrogance with him verses confidence.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's confident and that attracts you. So what if you hook up with him, will you be good with him "being critical" whilst you make out? He sounds like a jerk, I wouldn't :P

What Guys Said 5

• Because women are attracted to confident men. They like to call them 'jerks' (as do guys who aren't confident) to try to knock them down a peg, but he's appealing to your basest feminine needs.

• You're attracted to his confidence and you're simply tolerating his jerkiness as a side effect.

• Arrogance, shamelessness, ignorance, and confidence all the same thing under 18

• It seems that the sex is just good.

• Our ancestors are not the people that waited in line patiently for their turn. Jerks have important survival traits even if we don't like to admit that. That is why so many girls like bad boys.

Also when a jerk mistreats a girl, she will often be more drawn to the jerk because she assumes that she must not be good enough for him, or else he would be nicer to her. So by damaging her self esteem, she ends up being even more drawn to him. It isn't just girls that this happens to. Guys have the same problem with falling for a girl, just because she mistreats him.

What Girls Said 1

• You like jerks. That is the facination here

• now you understand the dynamics of your psyche. The good news is that you are still very young and have plenty of time to learn. Just make sure you do and not just repeat your mistakes like most. Confidence and arrogance are not the same thing