If a guy asks you to the movies, is it a date ?

So there is a guy in my class who I don't really know but have been talking to and getting to know lately, and one day we were texting about a new movie that is coming out and said we should go see it together, and of course I said yes but I'm not sure if it is a date or not ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Given the circumstances and information you provided, I would classify it as a date.

If you have a friend of the opposite sex that you have known for quite some time and go to the movies, to me, that is not a date.

But since you and this dood are just starting to get to know each other, I would say its a date.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes.

• I'd say yes, but you know what, if he doesn't say it's a date, don't treat it as one. Don't care if he does. He should be straight up.

• Anything after high school, almost all guys that you don't know well and chat you up to become a "friend" do want to date you or at least are open to being in a relationship with you... The exception would be if you were in the same social circle

• I vote yes

• Yes

Strangely enough, vice versa it denotes neither yes or no o.O?

• It could be.

• Unless the guy's a moron, yes it's a date. Everyone knows that a guy and girl going to the movies alone together is a date.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. If he wants to keep it platonic/friends he would specify it's just hanging out so you don't get the wrong idea.

• yeah I would say so. If he wasn't interested he would of seen it with his buddies instead aha.

• Most likely