What do you think are intelligent conversation topics?

So just about everyone I've ever asked has said that they want their date to be intelligent and be able to carry out a conversation with them. But, what are these conversations about? It could range anywhere from movie trivia to world history to philosophy to sports to chemistry to current affairs.

Can you fill in the blank(s):

If the guy/girl I'm dating can carry out a conversation about _____, _____, and ______, I'd be impressed/think they were very intelligent.

Most Helpful Guy

• It all comes down to common interests. If you blabber on about something that doesn't interest them then you'll come off as boring, if you have nothing to add to a conversation that they are interested in, then you probably come off as dumb or uninterested. I can talk about a lot of things, because a lot of things interest me, but most people aren't like me so you have to filter through what they are saying and feel them out to see what makes them tick.

For me I guess it works best when I'm able to teach them something new, and they are able to teach me something new about a similar topic. I can't say that happens all that often though. Most of the time, girls just eat up what I offer and agree with me and don't really feed me back anything that makes me go think. Most can't even ask questions on topics that would actually make me think... I also believe it's impolite to press them on topics/or push them into uncharted waters. What's worse is that a lot of girls that have the potential to go all nerdy and talk about things that would make me think often repress that and try to act dumb which is just disappointing.

• One example that comes to mind is this brilliant girl who is seems passionate about the sciences, I remember this time she kind of ran off on a nerdy rant on quantum chemistry and for a split second caught my attention and I was like hmmm, then everyone around her kind of shut her down and was like aww no one wants to hear about that. Some of the people around her were trying to steer her in the right direction because she was crushing on me at the time. Then she went all ditsy and played it

• That what we call someone who acts like he knows it all in my country

He thinks he is a professor

Yeah I'm with you with this, I just disagree with the dump part

What Guys Said 4

• I think if the girl can have a conversation about pretty much anything we both have a common interest in could be considered very intelligent, that would range from computer games, astronomy, comics, movies, world history and world geography.

• Idk, I wouldn't really want to talk about anything boring like that, not very interesting to me.

• Those are just suggestions, you don't have to pick from them. What conversation topics do you find interesting?

• Something about the theory or relativity.

• philosophy, politics and history

What Girls Said 2

• Basically about anything sports, movies, music, philosophy, history, current event and war

You want to show them that your fun and smart

• The economy, college, and running