I don't like texting him.

I love spending time with my boyfriend and I love talking to him. But I don't like texting him.

With most, if not all, of my friends texting does not even come close to talking in person. There's just something lost when you communicate with texts. And I don't like it, but sometimes you just can't talk in person. And its better than nothing.

But my boyfriend is a big texter. So I text him, but our conversations are always so dull.

How can I liven it up? Is it weird that I don't like texting him?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not weird. I don't text either. Ever. Well no that's a lie -- I sent a text ONCE, to my brother's girlfriend.. for my own benefit. He was driving the car, and I didn't want to die while he tried to text and drive at the same time. Other than that, never.

First there's person to person contact, then telephones, texting, emails, letters - people are becoming more and more disconnected. I don't want any part of it, and I'm glad to see you don't either! :)

What Guys Said 1

• Simply call him and talk. Avoid texting and see how he takes it. I prefer talking, but I don't mind texting. It seems your the former.

What Girls Said 2

• I have never understood this texting phenomenon! Like you, I always prefer real conversations in person. That, and also long letters and emails. I feel very limited when I am forced to text someone. I don't like sentences that are ridiculously abbreviated and grammar-less and it makes me nervous when friends expect me to text them all the time...I just don't do it.

• Just tell him you don't like texting and ask him to call you.