If a girl likes a guy, is she normally too afraid to text him?

I hear about the "clingy" concerns a lot but somebody like me texts pretty fast so I want to know why most girls are so worried about texting coming off as clingy.

Most Helpful Girl

• im havin the same prob.. I'm F/22 and don't want to text a guy I just had sex with because I don't want him to think I'm clingy.. but I'm kinda scared he's not gonna text me either because he might think I don't like him because I ain't text him.. lol its awkward.. !

What Girls Said 8

• I know I was too scared to send a text asking a guy I liked out. I wrote the text and gave the phone to a friend of mine to hit send :P Super childish if I think of it now, but I can't change the past. I wasn't scared because I thought I would appear clingy, I wasn't really sure the guy liked me, so I was more afraid of rejection/it being awkward afterward. Worked out great though, been with the guy for 2.5 years now.

• Yes! Lol I had a tendency of not wanting to come off as clingy or more like overbearing so I wouldn't really text till tested and id try to keep the convo going :)

• I become very shy when it comes to dating a guy I like. I tend to never initiate contact, especially if I like him a lot. I guess I prefer guys who do most of the work ha ha :)

• I would text the guy first if he has shown more interest in other ways, and even more if he has texted me first other times.

• yeah, I would probably wait for him to text me first.

• yes my legs shake

• She can be shy. it depends on the girl some are shy others are not shy at all.

• Yes, nervous

What Guys Said 2

• Girls are worried about appearing clingy because that's what society tells them. Society says girls need to play games and string guys along and take a long time to text back. Apparently that is supposed to make them more desirable, but it doesn't at all. Just a waste of time. Some guys do this to I suppose, but not as much since they initiate the most. If people were straight up each other a little more, there would be a lot more relationships.

• This changes everything lol.