What is your view on long distance or internet dating?

well I am trying to decide if I want to date someone online and determine if it is worth it? I have done long distance before but it didn't work out. Has anyone dated long distance before? What are somethings you can do to make it successful to where you can meet and make something of it? Do you think people lie about themselves online? I know one hard thing I could think of is you really don't know someone until you have known them for a few months and then they start showing you who they really are. does this apply to online as well or is their "A game" always working while you Skype or chat?

how long is too long for you is a long distance relationship. IE- time such as in weeks, days, even years from seeing that person? and then the total distance apart?

Most Helpful Girl

• It only works if both people want the same thing. I've done it and I'm working on it right now with a guy I met on POF. It's long distance at the moment. You have to have an end to the distance in sight. For us, the distance is 2 hours which is by now the maximum I consider (I've done 4 hours, it failed). I have the option of relocating anywhere come next spring (and I like his area, I'd move up there right now if I could). We're still just talking it all out, getting to know each other.

People do lie. But the few guys I've talked to, they were honest and so was I. I'm very straight-forward and up-front about what I want and who I am. I do not ever play games. I have no trouble moving from online to offline. I make sure that my words and actions match up. For example, I told the guy I could only concentrate on one guy at a time. I deleted my profile a few days later. I don't say anything that I would not say to him face to face.

If you do this, you have to know exactly what you want. You have to know where you are in life and where you want to go. One guy I talked to, he didn't know where he wanted to go, he didn't know what he wanted. I liked him, he liked me but we couldn't do anything because he didn't know what he wanted. Once you have that, the rest is easy. I had to wait 6 weeks to finally meet my current guy but it was so easy being with him when I finally did because we had discussed a lot of what we wanted in life and who we were in those 6 weeks. He is exactly who he said he was and he says the same about me (his only complaint is that he wasn't prepared for how pretty I am in person).

• thats awesome it worked out for you I know some people are not who they say they are or who the portray online. what I ran into a lot is that right off the bat people werer dull I really didn't meant interesting people that kept my attention online. a lot of people don't know what they want even though they are online which makes it harder to find people online sometimes. that switch from online to offline does need to be made there needs to be the physical connection, at least meeting them!

• I don't know if it will work out yet but I'm hopeful. As far as seeing each other, I can deal with once a month, 6 weeks during harvest/planting. Every two weeks is better but harder too. And the end goal has to be within a year or at least by then I need to be able to see them face-to-face once a week.

What Girls Said 3

• I've been dating this guy for three years now. We met on a game, of all places. We've had phone calls, but have yet to meet in person. We're hoping to take that final step this next winter :)

It works, but you have to be seriously dedicated to it.

• I think people do lie on the internet. I think I wouldn't date someone online or lng distance, I mean if I am in a relatiĆ²nship I would want to have him here with me

• I wouldn't go on a distance relationship unless I really really liked the guy. I would rather be with someone who I can actually see and touch.

What Guys Said 3

• Long-distance relationships don't work, in my experience. Internet dating can work, if you meet relatively soon after initiating contact and you live in the same local area.

• In my experience, I don't like long-distance relationships. I need that face-to-face (and genital to genital) contact more days than not.

• I view long distnace relationship as like the pegasus. It's a myth