Does acne factor in on whether you would date someone or not?

I'm a pretty girl, gorgeous hair, decent body, and nice features. Right now I'm having a SERIOUS outbreak. I cover it with makeup, but it only goes so far. I'm on accutane right now, but I was wondering if you guys wouldn't date a girl because of acne.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately, the answer is yes. While I can't speak for all guys, many if not most of us (including myself) would agree that bad acne is a big turnoff. It hurts me to say it, too, because I struggled with acne in my formative years. I took accutane, as well. And I *still* have it, although thankfully not on the face.

If I was already dating a girl, then obviously I could see my way past the acne. But as far as males go, we are visually stimulated. If we had a choice of two girls, one naturally pretty, and one artificially beautiful through cosmetic surgery, we'd pick the latter to ask out on a date (assuming we aren't aware of the modification).

Personality comes second - but only chronologically; it's just as important as looks, but we don't use it when deciding whether to approach a woman. The first attraction is sparked by pure physicality, while mental and emotional compatibility are factored in afterward, at least by guys who don't like being miserable in their relationships.

In other words, guys won't base their entire decision on a girl's acne, but it is a major factor. We are subconsciously driven by eons of evolution to seek out the most physically attractive females. While we like to say that "we're all beautiful on the inside," attraction is a must. We can and will pass up a woman with poor complexion.

What Guys Said 1

• Acne isn't a big deal at all. You should just be yourself, and be happier.

What Girls Said 3

• It's unfair that a guy can have a pizza face and still be attractive while a girl pretty much has to have perfect skin to be pretty. If you're hot enough guys might overlook it but it's definitely not as acceptable on women as it is on men. Is the accutane at least working for you?

• it does factor in but I used to have this massive crush on a guy who had acne on his cheek, he was gorgeous though

• no, just be confident and guys won't notice that "flaw"