Guys, what is a major turn off?

I am back in the process of dating and need info. If you started dating this girl and you liked a whole bunch of things about her, what would be a major turnoff to stop you from dating her? If you had a strong connection what would stop you from connecting with her?

What Guys Said 2

• It really depends on the girl. Lately I have noticed in online dating that a lot of girls look like they are high maintenance and also give off the "I can get any guy I want" impression followed by a "shopping list" at the end of their profile showing "requirements" their mate must have. So basically if I notice a girl has a "nose in the air" mentality, I see it as a turn off. I also see a lack of communication as a turn off and if she doesn't sometimes intiate contact with me, I assume "not interested." So a girl with a "fear of being clingy" or "the man must do all the work" mentality is a turn off for me also.

• Hmmm? I think I will listen to you about the fear of being clingy. I have been dating this guy. He got out of a 4 year relationship a year ago. I notice that he would get a little stand offish when I don't contact him sometimes. I know without a doubt he likes me. So lately I have been sending pics and texting every now and then and he has been texting me a pic and holding convo. Ever since I told him I may want to go to church with him and asked him to call me. That works?

• Yea telling him to call you should help let him know you want the same initiation back.

• First of all, you have to decide for yourself what you want (and what you don't want) in a relationship. Different people prefer different things, but for me personally, it's all about the woman's attitude. Is she supportive, or does she criticize me all the time? Does she talk about how much she enjoys her life, or is she always whining about her problems? Did she learn something from her previous relationships and admit her own responsibility in the demise of those relationships, or is she always an innocent victim who had her heart viciously broken by "those jerks" who were her exes? Has she ever cheated on a boyfriend, or does she place a high value on loyalty and integrity? Is she responsible, or is she constantly paying bills late, missing appointments, etc.?

I'll stop here, since I'm sure you see where I'm going with this. Bottom line, you want to be with someone who will lift you up, not someone who will drag you down with her.

What Girls Said 0