Guys: You receive the bill at dinner and your date decides she wants to pay the bill...What do you do?

You're on a date at a restaurant and the bill arrives at the table. Your date decides by herself to take the bill and pay for dinner herself. She says she WANTS to pay and then she takes out her purse, what do you do?

Would you tell the girl to put her money away and pay for dinner yourself? Or would you let her pay if she really wanted to?

Girls, would you tell the guy that you cannot be swayed in your decision and go ahead and pay? Or would you put your money away if the guy was uncomfortable with you paying?

Or would you decide to go dutch?

• Guys: I would let her pay / Girls: I would go ahead and pay
  • Guys: I would not let her pay / Girls: I would let him pay if he insisted or was uncomfortable
  • Guys and Girls: I would go dutch
  • Other (please explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd let her pay for it. It would be a positive move by her. Generosity from women gains respect and earns more generosity from me in the future. The less generous she is, the longer she'll be tested on her motives. It's a positive step in the right direction...

What Girls Said 1

• I would put my money away if the guy insisted on paying. but I would also agree to maybe split ir or something.

What Guys Said 7

• I'd thank her and let her pay, but then remind her that it would only be fair that I pay the next tab.

• anyone who won't pay for dates or at least their half of the date is lame

• I'd offer to go dutch. If she insists, then I'll let her. But she better be cool with letting me pay the bill the next time :P even if best.

• I'd probably ask to split it

• iI would just let her be.

• I would let her pay.

• tell her "thanks, I'll pay you back with sex."