Do first loves ever work out?

I've been dating my boyfriend for 4 months and he's convinced I'm "the one" and wants to spend the rest of his life with me. We were good friends and completely crazy for each other for one year before admitting how we felt. I'm crazy about him too and since he's told me this, I know that I would love to spend my life with him too.

We're 20 and 21 but we're each others first girlfriend and boyfriend and I'm afraid we're just being naive. I've dated before and never enjoyed it at all and never felt enjoyment dating other men. This man has made me feel like I've never felt before and made me experience things and feelings I never even knew I had. He's never dated AT ALL so I'm worried he's just saying this until he finds someone else and if we did commit that way, he'd have wandering eyes because I never gave him the freedom to "experiment" in his youth. He never took relations with the opposite sex lightly so I'm not sure what to think.

Advice please?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes they do!

I know a lot of people that have married their first true loves! Go for it! Trust me, its the only love that if you leave, you will wish you never have left, for its supposed to last forever.

Dont listen to everyone else if they say "no its not supposed too" There is a reason as to why their still single, and a reason as to why they are all their hearts are all battered now.

Stay with him. You won't regret it!

What Guys Said 3

• First loves always 'work out', but you might never marry them for a host of reasons and circumsances. So don't pin all your hopes on him; remember the world is a big place and manythings can go wrong, or go right.

Since it's your first experience, maybe you should hesitate about a lifelong commitment until you've both seen more of life, and traveled, and done the things you won't be able to do once you're saddled with kids, a house, a permanent type job...

• i think they can. I know a few people who married their first love. it was their first love for both the husband and wife and they love their life together

• "Do first loves ever work out?"

Almost never. That doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a shot.

What Girls Said 4

• Why wouldn't it work? Just because you're each others' first? I know some couples (yes, multiple!) who are their first loves and everything, some of them are living together and getting married. Yes, they had their ups and downs and drama's, but if the love is strong enough between the two of you, why wouldn't it work? I don't think experience has to do with any of it.

You're 20, some people start experimenting from their 13, others from their 18 and others don't (or all the ages inbetween). Why would he want to experiment with other girls when he has found the love of his life? Not every person needs that phase of "experimenting".

• of course it can work out I know first loves who are still together.

• Is it possible? Yes. Is it probably? Nope.

• I'm with my first love. I've been with him for six years. So...give it a shot. It is just as likely to work out as any other relationship.