Girls, has a guy (you're not dating) ever confessed he's in love with you?

Has a guy, you knew well as a friend, but were not dating, ever seriously confessed he's madly in love with you (crazy about you) and wanted to date you?

I know it sounds all romantic like the movies, but if so, did it make you attracted to him less, more or no change? Did you ever date him afterwards?

(I'm not asking in theory if you would be more or less attracted to someone if they did this, but in reality has this ever happened and what was the result?

• No guy (which I wasn't dating) has ever just come out and said he's in love with me.
  • Yes, a guy has, but it made me even less attracted to him than I already was (or wasn't).
  • Yes, a guy has, but it didn't change how I already felt about him
  • Yes a guy has, and it made me more attractive to him, but I never dated him
  • Yes a guy has, and it made me more attractive to him and I dated him.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 16

• Girls, has a guy (you're not dating) ever confessed he's in love with you?

Yes, a guy has, but it didn't change how I already felt about him

Did you ever date him afterwards?

No as I wasn't attracted to him and saw nothing I could gain from him that would be worth it

but in reality has this ever happened and what was the result?

I rejected him telling him I don't date guys that look like him as generally the guys I'm not dating who confess are average to below average looking. Then I told him that he likely deluded himself into thinking he loved me since it seems male love for gals is love for her body and that loving my body and wanting to bust a nut in/on me is not being in love with me.

• Yeeep. A guy I went to school with but was only acquaintances with wrote me love letters and stuck them in my locker. He would always try to start conversations with me, offered to hold my books in a casual way (I thanked him and said I'd carry them myself but thanks), etc.

The funniest part was that he was the popular "jock" in high school. Everyone knew him, loved him, every guy wanted to be him (nice body, very PHYSICALLY attractive), etc. So he did all this stuff when no one was around and tried very hard to hide his affection for me because I was the shy nerd haha. Amazes me that he had the guts to do all that, thinking no one would find out and that I wouldn't tell anyone? I of course didn't mention it to anyone because I was quite annoyed by his personality. It was sweet, but yeah.

His poems were sweet but the fact that he would mention in his letters that he didn't want people knowing he was in love with me put me off. The fact that he would look around and make sure people he knew weren't around in order to start a conversation with me put me off even more. Offering to hold my books but acting like he didn't know me when one of his friends were around was just very rude.

He would imply that he WOULD date me because he thought I was "so beautiful" but it bugged him that we weren't on the same social status. Pfft. So pathetic.

He confessed his love for me many times. But it was SO obvious he only liked me for my looks apparently. If he was a nicer guy, I would have went for it. Every girl I knew liked him for his looks. This is just another example of how looks aren't everything. Your personality is what will make it or break it.

Ps; I ran into him at a get together a few months ago and he was all over me after knowing I am becoming a flight attendant. Hah.

• yeah its happened to me. he was my best friend. he told me he loved me and he told some of my friends he was thinking of dating me but was scared of ruining the friendship. when I found out I did become more attracted to him but not to the extent where id date him. anyway he never asked so wer just friends now. I think its better off that way

• Yes and we ended up dating. I knew he liked me, we became friends and over time this deep bond formed, and our friendship became a very intense relationship.

He didn't tell me within a week or two of getting my number but I don't remember the exact date. I'm guessing a few months after talking as friends.

We broke up but it taught me a lot and I'm glad I got to taste those feelings.

He taught me deep passionate love doesn't just exist in the movies, it can happen in the most mundane people

• Yeah this guy I knew in high school, we were good friends. He would come to my classes when he didn't have class and watch me work and said I made cute faces when I was mad. But I never understood WHY he came with me all the time. But one day on the phone he confessed to me that he loved me and the next day in school, he pulled me to the side and asked what my reaction was. Quite honestly I was really shocked and I didn't know what to tell him, except that I didn't feel the same way. But after that our friendship felt weird and we lost contact ever since, he started treating me meaner than he used to. I guess I was really oblivious to guys as a teenager.

I didn't feel attracted to him less, but more weirded out. I "guess" it was a date, he took me ice skating one time, it was the BEST day of my life! I suppose he would've made a good boyfriend. But he really loved me for 3 years.

• BEST day of your life? And you didn't go out with him again? Am I missing something? A guy says he's in love with you, you then go on a date with him and you say it is the best day of your life and what happened afterwards?

• It was the best day of my life because I love to ice skate and the date wasn't boring, but I didn't feel any attraction towards him. I felt more like he's a close best friend and nothing more. I think I led him on without knowing myself. We went home afterward, but we haven't spoken for years now. He's happily married.

• Yes. thas the only way I has ever happened, as I don't date.

it makes me respect him more whether I have feelings for him or not.

if I have feelings for him , then I did not tell him because I I thought he couldn't handle it. so him telling me is a very good step. it fosters and or restores my trust in his ability to deal with intimacy.

imo. its a very excellent step either way. because if she doesn't like you you won't waste time. and if she does you guys get off to an honest start. no games.

• You had a few typos in your answer so I didn't understand it all. However it sounds like your answer is "in theory" and not an actual time it happened. Yes, in theory girls think it would be great, but if you look at the poll numbers so far of the 23 girls that a guy has confessed his love to, only 2 actually dated the guy. That's a success rate of just over 8% so a guy confessing doesn't seem to be a good thing. I think psychologically the excitement of the chase is then gone so girls lose interest

• i don't think you meant to talk to me. I never said in theory. nor do I have any typos.

I personally prefer it when people are direct. I am. I don't like games and I do not trust,respect , like, nor am I interested in a relationship with people who play them. they are relying on being high to relieve them of boredom in their lives,rather than trying to foster trust and respect.

I represent only myself. not 23 other women.

Only reason I wouldn't say something is if thought it would upset him.

• Yes.

One guy friend did and we did end up dating, but he always liked me way more than I liked him so it didn't work out.

Another good guy told me that he had fallen in love with me after he'd already moved on and I had a boyfriend at the time he confessed. Interestingly enough, I'd also secretly really liked him at the same time! Too bad he waited.

You can't help but be flattered but I don't think it will change your feelings towards someone either way.

• A guy I went to class with. He was actually chasing me in a way. Always flirting very directly and openly, but I did not like him.

One day he told me he is in love with me and asked me to be his girlfriend. I refused him.

Nothing changed about my feeling though. I did not "no like him" even more.

• A guy had confessed that he's in love with me. But he wasn't a friend and he had his friends around him, so I don't think it was genuine anyway. He had never even talked to me, so it couldn't have been genuine.

• do you two live in the same town or go to school togther. he could have been admiring you from afar and his friends noticed and made him confess.

• We did go to the same school, but I don't think a guy who was that shy would have told his friends.

• Yes

It has happened 2 times that I can recall, with very good friends. It made things awkward and at such young ages we drifted apart afterwards

• None have said they loved me, but I've had many like me. None, have I dated because I wasn't attracted to them. But no guys has ever just come out saying they love or like me that I have liked in return. :[

• This actually happened to me a few weeks ago. It creeped me out big time. Now I feel obligated to date him and ruin the friendship that way rather than ruining it by being awkward around him.

• a, never :(

• yeah, it was weird and I turned him down

• This has happened to me, yes. I was never attracted to him in the first place but after that confession, I was even less so...if that's possible.

I was all ready in a relationship and this guy knew I was happily seeing my boyfriend for two years. This guy also had a relationship of his own. But he confessed he loved me, wanted to be with me, and suggested sneaking around our SO's backs. Nothing desirable about a guy who would be so willing to cheat.

My current boyfriend confessed he loved me too. That confession obviously had a different reaction from me. He said, "I think I'm in love with you and I can't live the rest of my life wondering if the one woman God intended for me is the first woman I ever loved." That was eons better than an offer to cheat.

• Nope, not seriously at least.

What Guys Said 1

• About a year ago I did this to a girl. She was in a relationship for about a year at the time. To be fair, I had feelings for her before that douche bag even met her. Anyway, I told her, she rejected me, we texted one or two times the next couple of days, and have not made any contact with each other ever since, and we probably never will. I don't care though. It was worth ruining the friendship to see if the feelings could ever be mutual. I have no regrets and I would do it all over again. At least I got closure.