Is he busy or do you think he's lost interest in me?

'I'm 17 he is 16.

We have been dating for a month and a half. We were friends who reunited before though

He had to go out of state for the summer though so we can only phone talk.

I am very frustrated though, you see things have been weird this week ( past 3 days)

He is very sweet and attentive, though we have odd texting times due to time zones, and all this week he was super sweet and calling pet names like he never does. SO I was really affectionate back and all that.

Well he didn't very talkative a couple days ago, so I thought he was tired, and then next day he didn't text at all or reply to my "hey", and the next night he finally texted but I had fallen asleep. So I texted late in the morning and now he's replies like every 3 hours or so and its still not that talkative? Yesterday no message at all and still none today?

I don't know if I'm overreacting a little or not, but it strikes me weird? The only other time he did this was when we first dated and his mom got mad at him, but his mother isn't around right now so I don't know what's up.

He didn't act like he wanted to break up or anything before he left? He even said "I wish we had been dating longer" and acted upset that he had to go? He is usually always really sweet and helps me with everything.

And I am acting affectionate back and if there is a problem I wish he would speak up and say so. He tells me he loves, and this week he was super affectionate over the phone :{ and then now he's acting I dunno, distant.

I said maybe he's busy but I dunno.

He is my first boyfriend and he said I'm his first girlfriend and we kiss, and cuddle, we go out places.

I guess I'm just kinda worried, no I'm not wanting him to pay constant attention, but this is nearly ignoring me on high and its makes me wonder.

We don't call much due to phone problems also.

I thought maybe I Was clingy but then now that I think about, no no I'm not at all.

I'm scared to just flat ask him what's wrong, because what if nothing is wrong and its just me?

See I'm so frustrated with all this right now, what the heck do I even do?

Do you think he is cheating on me or losing interest or something? I'm waiting on him to message me now I guess.

Could he be mad? I changed my relationship status on Facebook to in a relationship, but I didn't tag him in it and I set it to private?

Otherwise I don't know what I've done wrong or what's going on.

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't wait around for him. It's very likely that when he gets back, things will be different. Time apart has a way of destroying relationships.

It's hard to read into this behavior because there's so little to go on. If I were you, I definitely wouldn't ask him "what's wrong" or anything like that. He won't give you a straight answer anyway. I don't think he's mad, either, he just doesn't care that much. He's in a new place, meeting new people (maybe even *gasp* Other Girls!) and so he's not going to have that much time to devote to texting with you.

"I'm scared to just flat ask him what's wrong, because what if nothing is wrong and its just me?" There's nothing wrong with you. It's him. He's drifting away, and there's nothing you can really do to stop it. Don't worry, you can work things out when he gets back. For now, ignore him as much as he ignores you. Let him feel that you're "acting distant," too.

It has nothing to do with your Facebook status.

You haven't done anything wrong, and the truth is, you don't have a clue what's going on over by him. If he keeps ignoring you, break up with him over the phone, and that will be that. You can kiss and make up when he returns. In the meantime, though, you'll be free to enjoy your summer without wasting it sitting by the damn phone waiting on his intermittent texts. Can anybody say, "summer of lameness?"

• I just don't understand why it's like he was sweet the day before then abruptly nothing. Yeah he's mature on his own, but he's lied to me about curfews or when he got in trouble for having me around. I guess we never totally opened up but I just want blunt honesty.

I feel angry and used, and I just want to know if they still care or can I move on? It sucks that I can wait but they can't? I thought they were better.

• The reason why you don't understand is that there is no logical explanation. There's nothing you can point to and say, "THAT'S what caused him to pull away." There's also nothing you can do over the phone to strengthen the relationship.

People sometimes up and change their minds, for no reason. Don't take it personally. You can move on. If he has a problem with that, your response is, "Uh... you stopped contacting me? Duh, it's over. Get over yourself, boy."

What Girls Said 0