Why are guys horrible at texting?

every time this guy texts me, he's very short with what he says. I try to keep the conversation going but he just ruins it every time. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls get a dopamine rush (a bit like a bite of chocolate or a hit from a drug) when they text.

That is what makes texting pleasurable for them, and allows them to text pretty much constantly.

It is also why they get pissed off when a guy won't give them their fix.

But guys do not get that dopamine rush. To us, texting serves no real value or purpose. The communication girls want, is often meaningless and banal. (They get their dopamine fix regardless of the content of the message). But for guys, we use communication to either seek or provide information. That's it. We don't use it to just jibber jabber.

What Guys Said 5

• Even with smartphones, texting isn't really conducive to expressing lengthy messages... or at least that's how most of us guys see it and so that's why we tend to be pretty short. But make no mistake though, if you text us and we happen to like you, it does make us feel good inside even though we can't show it properly when we respond back.

• Not all guys do. There are many girls who are equally if not worse at texting. I personally text a lot because I like to be social all the time and don't mind texting people. I'd say many guys are bad at texting because they don't text very often cause texting guy friends is kinda weird (I find its odd). I have a lot of "girl friends" so I tend to text a lot thus making me good, other guys tend to not befriend many girls therefore making them bad

• Both - short replies and large time-gaps before messages are signs of low interest or / and immature attitude

• That only applies to men like him.

• because you're going for guys that are insensitive, lack communication skills, or that plain dislike you. any way you look at it, it's not good. but you watch, a guy will come along and want to text and send you nice, long messages and keep the conversation going but you'll end up disliking the guy for some reason. you just watch.

• Yeah I know what you mean. I hate it when I try to carry on a conversation and the guy just ruins it but the guys that do text a lot I tend to like them but then get bored of them. I don't know it's a vicious circle

What Girls Said 6

• Not all guys are horrible at texting, some girls are bad at it too. Maybe because he's not a fan of texting. He could think it's not really personal, it's good just to make some arrangements, ... Long talks or conversations he'd rather have in person or calling...

It could be.

• They have different priorities

• they don't like it

• it's do god damn annoying.

• I've noticed it too

• Some people are just not testers. If you want to carry on a conversation with him, try calling him,