Texting less after a first date?

I met this guy who texted me every day for 2 weeks, and then we finally went on a date which I thought went really well. We talked for almost 3 hours, and at the end he said he wants to meet again. It even seemed like he was about to kiss me but I guess he chickened out haha.

After the date he snapchatted me a few times, but the only times we texted was if I initiated, when previously it was about half and half. But, when mentioned hanging out again he said yes enthusiastically.

Is it normal for guys to text less after a date or does it most likely mean he isn't interested?

What Guys Said 1

• If anything he's most likely trying to gauge how much you're interested in him, so he's giving you opportunities to initiate. It's still too early to tell if he's not interested in you.

What Girls Said 1

• Guys are different. It sounds like your just veering toward persuading yourself its normal, with the extra details you put in but... Id say less interested based on just your question or he is talking to someone else.