Do you google people?

If you start talking to someone dating wise do you google them?

Just wondering if its weird or not.

a couple times I found it useful:

a guy I went to middle school with added me on Facebook after high school we started talking" I hadn't seen him since middle school he was in prison from 07-10 for burglary &other stuff + is in the supervised population until 2016 ... so I didn't hangout with him

One time I didn't I met a guy downtown & after I stopped talking to him.(some pycho stuff he said & lies he told me) I looked him up & he had battery on a pregnant woman, & narcotics charges

and online dating before I meet someon I like to check first...

• All the time
  • No
  • Sometimes
  • Never thought of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have before, yes. I'd like to know if he's a pedophile, rapist, etc.

I didn't do it with every man I dated, but I did with boyfriends I was more serious with.

Why not, you know?

What Guys Said 5

• not really none of the girls I know would have much about them on google unless they like played on high school or college sports teams something might come up but not very much would be out there about them

• Half the people I went to school with have been in jail tho even the "preppiest" of girls that I would have never thought but not super serious. Only one.and I don't live in the ghetto.

• i live in a small town but still is people I went to school with in trouble I noticed in the news the other day a guy I went to school with was reported missing and it said he had addiction issues and in the methadone program for drug use . has been some other people too in trouble but not really serious charges a lot of the time

• Only once or twice. It delivered results obviously, but didn't pan out in the long run. I was more curious about what I'd find rather than rekindle an old friendship.

• Yeah I google them

• I would want a prospective girlfriend to Google me so that I can guage how well she can forgive me for my history of extreme tactlessness online. I'd only judge her for violent offenses in her criminal record, and nothing else in her past.

• Must be an instinct that girls have to watch out for people. I've never done this because I don't feel the need to dig up someone that deeply I suppose lol. Also, I don't feel threatened by someone I don't know, so that might be the gender difference I mentioned.

What Girls Said 7

• If I really want to know more about that person then yes I will, 99.9% of the time I do :)

• Sometimes since I deleted my fb account three years ago.

• Only if I am thinking about getting serious with them.

• google doesn't let me google people in Mexico so no

• I even google people I know and it never brings anything up so what's the point I give up it only brings up famous people I'm not sure how you look them up, any insight?

• Name and city or look up Jon doe arrest insert county

• And then you gotta search forever cause I looked up my coworkers husband like that

• It might just be me but if I'm talking to someone only way they are going to know exactly where I live is if they are coming to see me. Exactly where I live meaning the town and I never give out my last name or real number safe pre caution

• yea guys seem to like to lie to me so Google the name to see if the picture matches only if didn't meet them in school.

• I think it can come across as creepy, but in the end it's all public information. It's not like you broke into their house and snooped around through private things. I can't help it, I love googling people, it's just so fascinating when you come up with something.