Do really handsome men make you nervous? How do you react?

I get a lot of stares from girls everywhere I go. Many girls will give me the wide eyed shock look then quickly looking away. Only some will actually smile. Girls, why or why not do you smile when you see a attractive (single!) guy? I'm not a player by any means. In fact it's hard for me to date girls on a consist basis. A lot of interest but not much dating.. This one girl who I thought was really hot approached me and said she couldn't believe she had the guts to talk to me. She thought I was a rock star. We dated for awhile but she put off this energy of being inferior to me, her insecurities killed the relationship before it had the chance to really begin.

I've been told on several occasions that I look like a young George Clooney mixed with Charlie Sheen's personality lol. I'm a total hopeless romantic frustrated good guy with a crazed dark side.

Most Helpful Girl

• I sometimes stare at guys I find handsome, but I never think too deeply about it. Hell, many times my girlfriends will stare at x guy and say "wow, he's so hot!" while I didn't even notice there was a guy in the first place.

I find myself attracted to guys because of their personality/interests rather than physical look, so it usually never goes anything beyond that.

You might find better results if you can strike a conversation with a girl first. Maybe chatting/texting could get you somewhere because that will let them get to know you first!

What Girls Said 16

• Charlie Sheen's personality? No wonder the girls are all scared of you...

• I stare at a lot of good looking guys, but I'm not interested in them because a good looking man is a stranger; meaning any girl would want him and he would give in. Aside from that how do I react? Honestly I could care less how you look as long as you're not a egotistical a**hole like the guys in NYC.

Sadly I myself is into this guy I keep seeing at the gym, he's very handsome but I'd never have the nerve to come up to him. I guess fear of rejection and I've given up on any guy.

• well because you might give a vibe that you are way out of their leagues and won't be a nice person. just try to make the girl know what attracted you to her and hope her insecurities won't get the best of her.

I think that I get nervous because I am clumsy and a dirk so I think he will teas eme about it or something.

• They do make me nervous, but I get over that pretty quickly if he's not giving me a hard time. It's that insecurity in the back of my head that tells me such a handsome guy can't possibly find me interesting. Some handsome guys get just as nervous when talking to mediocre women. Poor self esteem will do that to you.

• I tend to get nervous

• no they dont, rude people make me nervous

• Are you implying that you think the QA is rude?

• No! I am just saying which type of people are the ones that make me nervous. I didn't mean for it to sound like that.

• lol, read that as nude people make you nervous

• Simple intimidation of course !

• Not really. I consider myself a confident but non-shallow girl, so when I see a really handsome guy, I'm gonna see if I can catch your eye from where I'm standing. But I'll still be a bit shy, that's why I'm not actually going up to you.

• If a girl is shy she will look away quickly without a smile. If she's more outgoing and confident she will more than likely smile at you and make good eye contact.

• Would girls who are intimidated take out their phone and fake text while a hot guy is walking by? To make it less awkward?

• Yes, it means she's nervous

• No. I would talk to you.

• Oh yes that's why I never say anything, I'm too shy when it comes to guys.

• I get really nervous around hot guys, it's mostly because I'm afraid to stare for too long or be awkward. I'm a pretty girl but hot guys make me really weak

• how do you know that you're pretty? because you think so? that's very bias.

it's not because people have told you that, either. I've been called handsome and I don't assume I'm handsome.

Get your ego checked woman.

• because I think so and I've also been told by a lot of people lol.. why do I need to get my ego checked because I'm confident? lol...

• If I were single I still wouldn't look or smile because okay men that look that good are shallow

• all women are shallow even fat ones

• It's sad that you stereotype (to your tastes) very attractive guys that harshly. :(

• I really didn't mean all of them. I just found that when good looking men would hit on me they were just trying to get laid, or have a girl that's a little bit different. I don't know how to explain it

• No I'm not

• heck ya but I never have the guts to approach if they stare back I look away for good

• If you really are that handsome then it's probably because you're making them nervous. Sometimes it's literally too much to handle especially if the guy has a magnetic aura about him too! Are the girls pretty who give you the wide eyed look? or average looking? It could also mean that they're a little insecure about themselves hence why they can't handle a super hot guy!

• They range from really pretty or not my type. They look like deer stuck in headlights when they stare lol

What Guys Said 9

• personaly if a woman stares at me,and I don't like her,i spit down and then she looks away...hahahah. anyway,if you feel something "strange" about him/her then you'll be nervous...it doesn't matter how they will look like. I spoke to "beatiful" (by standards) women sometimes, without being shy or nervous,just to ask them something like the whereabouts of a certain shop/street...simply because I didn't care about anything else,except to get some info. If you have in your mind other things like "how I'll get her to my bed,etc",then obviously you'll be shy.

• This happens more than most guys think it does!

• Girls do that to me, and I'm a fat slob.

• A few possibilities

1. They're nervous

2. They're intimidated

3. You may or may not be as attractive as you describe

These possibilities are not mutually exclusive.

• Yes, and any girl that says they don't are liars, or they just haven't met the right man...or they're just lesbians. By the way pics, or you're not real

• Men are the hunters.

Women are the gatherers. They gather berries and sh*t.

How do you expect them to take down the lion?

You've gotta do it yourself or it's not gonna happen.

• the guy would have to be very good looking for a girl to do a double take.

• It makes them nervous since they get self conscious

• Most girls find guys unnattractive so the rare occurrence they meet a really attractive guy they are probably nervous