Three scariest words ever....

I want to tell him... then I poop myself ...

ok so I don't actually sh*t myself but you get the picture.

when do yall think is the right time to tell someone you love them, and is there a logical dating minimum? it doesn't have to be time wise but number of dates or after a certain point (ex: before or after meeting families)

Most Helpful Girl

• Never say I love you first. The guy is supposed to. Not that it's a rule but in most relationships it just seems to go downhill from there, because a lot of times the guy takes advantage of the information and starts using you, especially if the love is one sided. Plus you don't want to think that he is just saying "I love you too" because he feels he is obligated to. It's your call but I've personally never seen it end well. Especially because love means different things to different people, like some people that date for 2 weeks say I love you, whereas people that have been together for a few months or even a year may not say it yet. What does love mean to you? Is it the I'll sacrifice my life for you kind of love, or the I love donuts and puppies kind of love; because they are very different.

• Well I do love puppies... No I mean the first kind of love. I never thought about it meaning anything who said it first.

• Well, it just kind of puts you at a disadvantage in a lot of ways especially if he doesn't feel the same way. Personally, I think the guy should say it first because guys take advantage of knowing that you feel so deeply about him, he can push the envelope further. Like ask for instance ask for money or insist on doing things sexually that you wouldn't do unless you loved someone, he is going to test you; and you still won't even know if he loves you genuinely.

What Guys Said 2

• Meh, it's cute when a girl says it even if I'm not ready to with her. A couple months maybe if have been seeing each other fairly regularly and are exclusive and such? Whatever feels right if you guys do actually love each other. No matter what, don't say it during some form of intimacy - it should be driven by the heart not the hormones, it'll mean more and last longer that way (assuming it's reciprocated).

• 2 months, at least 3 times a week up to everyday, he's met all my family and friends but I haven't met his, his are 10 hours away up north but they know about me. And I don't want to say it during sex, well I do technically, but only because I want to say it all the time :P you might think I'm 15 after that statement...

• There's no right time, but there should be a right place

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think there's set time frame when it comes to telling someone you love them. However, you can tell them too early. For example, I think if you've only been with someone a couple weeks, then that's way too early for it to be "love" in my eyes. Maybe infatuation or a crush, but not love - yet.

Every relationship is different but I would only say those three words when you feel that you mean them. Not just because you feel like you're supposed to or just because he says it.

Personally, my fiance said it before I was ready and I told him that I felt I wasn't ready at that moment. Thankfully, he understood and didn't pressure me or feel discouraged. Then one evening when he was dropping me off after our date, he said he loved me and it just slipped out. I said it. And we've been saying it ever since.

Try to relax! Don't be so nervous. When the time is right, it'll happen. Good luck. :)

• Whenever he does something sweet or when we are saying goodbye... Good god I'm definitely going to slip one day :D

• I wouldn't say if first. but if you eant to say it after meeting the parents.