This guy would not stop talking about himself on first two dates?

What makes a guy just not stop talking, mostly about himself? He didn't hardly ask me anything about myself. Is he not interested?

Does this mean he is self centered and maybe I shouldn't date him?

Most Helpful Girl

• While he may be attracted to you physically, it seems he doesn't really have any plans for you that extend beyond a physical relationship. The fact that he seems to have so much to say about himself and not enough curiosity about you to either focus more on you as the topic of conversation or balance it out.

Perhaps also, he could be interested, but just trying way too hard to try to impress you. Either way both reasons is causing him to try harder to sell himself, which means his esteem might not be where it should be and that isn't a good thing.

I think this guy would be better off on his own as I just don't see him as relationship material. It would be best that you stop dating him. I don't even think he is friendship material at the present time. This one here deserves a clean break so you can focus on looking for someone who is more into you and he can be free to date the person he seems to love most, himself.

What Guys Said 4

• He could be a narcissist. But that's hard to determine in two dates but it is something to consider. The thing is a lot more people are self-absorbed nowadays because of things like Facebook and twitter all full of people screaming "Pay attention to me!" followed by the stupidest things like "I'm watching TV right now!"

I don't think you should date him personally if in two dates you did not feel that he paid much attention to you.

• It could be a lot of things. You could be right in saying that he is self centered and like that all the time, however he might just be talking about himself to try and impress you because he likes you or he might be doing it without realising because he is nervous and its easier to talk about himself than anything else. If its to the point that you don't really want to see anymore of him then don't, just keep in mind it might not be that he is always that way and it might be worth giving him a little while longer to show what he's really like.

• He needs validation.

• He's more attracted to himself then he is you. How do you compete with that?

What Girls Said 3

• On the first date or so most guys try and IMPRESS a girl. Acting self absorbed well either they a) do not realize they are doing it and hence are a very self absorbed individual or b) feel that they need to almost convince you of how amazing they are because they are all talk. either way doesn't sound very appealing to me..

• It's a fine line -

During a first date, a guy has to run the show - so he runs the risk of talking to much.

• i don't believe a guy has to run the show on a first date. I believe a lot of guys if they like a girl a lot actually go shy and let her run the show always making sure she is happy, eat whatever she wants, do whatever she wants..its usually all about PLEASING HER. if he is talking too much sounds like he is over confident.. and on a first date that just comes across as pure cockiness

• he is obviously self centered, I don't think he will change so you need to think if its worthy being with him or if its a deal breaker for you

• He could be self centered, he could be over compensating because he is hiding something, he could be nervous, see how he acts in other dates and then decide from then.