Do girls really text for the sole purpose of just wanting to say "Hi"?

Or is there some ulterior motive? Perhaps, wanting to hang out or something? Idk, it's hard for me to just comprehend that somebody would just want to say hi and that's all, no conversation, no anything. Girls, can you please shed some light?

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha!

Yeah, most girls love to talk. I'm not sure why, we just touch base with people, just to touch base.

We love to hear romantic things like "I was thinking of you..." and that's basically what texting someone to say hi, is. It's just to let someone know, "Hey, just checking in because I thought of you."

I never assume someone is texting me because they want to hang out... unless they say, "Hey, let's hang out." Haha! I don't like to be presumptuous so I either wait for them to mention it or I mention it myself. Otherwise, we're just talking to talk.

What Girls Said 4

• No, I would do it to mu crushes only. unless its school related or I need a favour or something

• Would you text some hot chick "Hi" ? for no purpose whatsoever? I don't know a girl who would text you "hi" just because, especially text you first. We rather just send hints... hope you catch on... then cry to some love songs because you were online and you didn't innate conversation. She likes you. The ball is now in your court.

• I wouldn't do it if its not for flirting

• Usually when I say that to someone, I'm trying to start a conversation. If it's to a crush, I reallllly just wanna talk to him lol so in my case, it's not really a "brief" hello, its me testing the water :)

• Yeah see that's the thing...that's what I assumed was the reason she was messaging me but when I would respond with a colloquial text such as: "blah blah blah...what about you?"

"same"

like...okay?

What Guys Said 0