Am I doing the right thing by cutting him off? Please help.

I have been friends with this guy for over a year, but recently we have become very close.He is an amazing guy. He is smart, very good looking and very nice. My only problem with him is that he never calls me and he takes a while to reply my messages. I have talked to him about this in details, over and over again – I have even resulted to ignoring him for several days. Each time he would beg, apologize and promise to change. He knows exactly how I feel about this and how it affects me. What makes me really upset is the fact that he is currently not working, he is not taking summer classes, and he has only three friends and they barely spend time together, so it is not like he is so busy or occupied that he can’t afford to text me in a reasonable time or even call once in a while. In the past, I have never been the type who would tell a guy what I want over and over again (I would just cut them off), but for him I have made an exception and right now I am beginning to feel insulted.

I have thought about this and I have decided to cut him off. I really like him, and will definitely miss his friendship, but I don’t think I can tolerate that attitude anymore. I have already gradually started ignoring his messages, but I’m feeling guilty because I know how much he likes me and how helpful he has been to me. He has sacrificed a lot of his time for me in school and whenever we hang out. He is always telling me I am all he has, but his attitude in texting and calling says otherwise. Please tell me, am I doing the right thing by cutting him off or should I just stick it out. It is killing me.

Thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• you can't change someone forever, at least you can't expect someone to change. if you want a change you have to change or you should leave the person who you think that should change. they will change if they really feel it otherwise it will be temporary. so if you feel like you can live with him considering how much he loves you means to you don't cut him off. otherwise cutting him off is the best choice for both of you

• Yeah, you guys are right. It's not my job to try to change anybody who is not willing to change.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, cut him off. He's not giving you what you want and it's unreasonable to expect him to change. You should accept him for what he is. If you don't, then you need to move on.

• You're doing the right thing since he can't spend time with you.

What Girls Said 2

• I think you shoudl definitely cut him off. you can't change him and you can't force him to give you what you want.

• he won't change for you and you won't get what you want from him so just cut him off

• You're right. It's sad, but no matter how I look at it, that's the truth.