Girls online dating, how many messages do you actually get?

I keep hearing from people I know that girls in online dating get a ridiculous amount of messages daily. One told me she was getting 50 in a day. Another told me within three days she got around the same amount. Another told me she got like 50 hook up requests a day. These are all people I know or met in person.

So I'd like to know if any girls here that have used online dating can tell me:

How many messages do you get a week?

What do the messages usually say?

How many do you reply to?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had an online dating profile before, but I didn't put up any photos. So I didn't get as much messages, probably around 10-15 on the first 24 hours. Less after that. Most are the copy-paste type of messages, you can so tell that those guys are just writing to all girls without taking a look at their profiles. I only reply to people whose profiles I like or who makes an effort to be more personal.

However, I'm the girl that asked this question link

I registered at night before going to bed and when I woke up in the morning, there were about 40 messages lol Even without a photo. If the messages aren't personal, I don't bother to reply. If the messages are personal, I try to be nice and write a reply, even if it's a negative one.

What Girls Said 5

• My friends and I actually registered on a dating site a couple days ago. While one of my friends and I got a massive amount of messages, the other one only got a handful. It really depends on how attractive men think you (or at least your pictures ;) ) are!

I only replied to very few. Out of 50 I'd say maybe 3, not more. Most guys send generic messages. Some guys don't. I don't care either way. If I like his profile I'll reply and if I don't, I don't bother.

There are always some men who send awful insulting messages i.e. even offer money for hooking up oO or some want to show you their d*** ... It's pretty obvious that those messages will be ignored. I wonder if any girl ever replied to them!? xD

• proof that girls only want looks and personality doesn't matter

• I honestly got more dates being skinny compared to my phyisque now so I question that.

• Depends on the day. Sometime 25+ sometimes 50+.

They're mostly just comments on my looks, or heys.

I only respond if they're funny, creative, or have something to do with my profile. like 10% of them.

• I got up to 30-50 friends requests per day, all of them came with a message, some even though I ignored them, they repeatedly friends requested me. The starting message normally says "hi" "hi princess" "this can't be you can it?" "you're not for real" "is this really you?" "you're beautiful" "sex?" "how are you" etc. I didn't replied to everyone, normally I just replied to uniform men call me naive but I honestly feel more safe replying to officers rather than normal unknown people, but there are normal people that I know I give few exceptions too of course :)

• I went on a paid site, so just a few messages a day.

• When I had an online dating profile, I got about 10 messages every day. Most were incredibly sleazy and were obvious templates they used for every message. Some even sent a summary of my profile and I had no idea how to respond to those. Others just made sexual remarks. They must have thought it would turn me on, it didn't. I mostly replied to the ones asking me questions or the ones who sent some interesting information about themselves. Sexual or sleazy remarks were instantly turned down. And those with summaries of my profile only got a reply if they seemed interesting from their profile.

What Guys Said 3

• They get around a lot, but it's mostly for sex

• Online dating is pointless for guys

• If you find this hard to believe (I did too, once) try creating a fake female profile and see how many messages you get.

I made what I thought was a fairly average looking profile, and I was blown away by an *average* of about 100 messages a day.

• Damn that is scary. I wonder if girls realize that we have to meet them knowing that they have that many emails at their disposal?