Would you reply to someone's text, even if they don't always reply to yours?

Normally I reply to all texts out of courtesy. Sometimes I reply really late, but I reply nonetheless.

This girl I used to like just texted me out of the blue today just saying hi and asking how I am. We never ended up dating though because she doesn't like me as more than a friend, which is completely fine. Usually when I text her she replies, but lately she hasn't always been replying to my texts and when our friends organise a night out they always ask me to invite her and tell her what is happening. I invite her through a text because she's always at work and can't pick up her phone but she never gets back to me to let me know if she's coming or not. She went into hospital about 2 months ago so I text her asking if she was OK. But she never replied. Should I reply to the text she sent me today or shall I just leave it?

I know it may sound like a childish question, I am just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• The ONLY times I don't respond to someone's texts is when I'm extremely angry/hurt and I simply don't know what to say at that point.

Otherwise, I always respond.

MOST of the people I text regularly end up ignoring some of my texts, almost every time we text, haha! I still respond the next time I hear from them. I don't initiate though, not after being ignored several times.

• Yeah, that's just like me too. I don't initiate any texting if they ignored my last text to them. But if they text me first then I can't help but show courtesy and reply back lol

• That's me :-)

Again, unless I'm insanely angry/hurt. I won't ignore them forever, but I'll wait until I'm more calm and less emotional.

What Girls Said 7

• I would ignore it completely.

I am not going to leap for someone who never leaped for me.

Friendship is a two way street, she should be putting in the same effort that you have put in.

• I'd wait a couple of hours and then reply. Also ask her casually whether she got your messages. That way she'll feel guilty for not replying. I always do that lol It's like "Why don't you reply to my messages?" but nicer ;p

• No don't reply right away. You will look a little desperate. Wait a few days and then text back!

Or just ignore her ;)

• I wouldn't text back right away, but I would text back.

• I would jsut leave it or wait a couple of hours.

• no, I hate it when people do that so I wouldn't answer

• I always have plans to ignore or at least not reply straight away when people blatantly ignore me more than once. But in the end, I just can't do it because it seems rude to me, even if it would be deserved. But technically, it would be more than correct to wait a bit with responding to give these people a taste of their own medicine.

• Yeah that's exactly how I feel too. It's in my nature to just be respectful and polite and reply to a text, especially if someone is asking how I am. But if they ignored my last text then I wouldn't initiate. I haven't text her back yet. It's going on almost 12 hours now lol

• Hahaha that's good (the almost 12 hours). Recently a friend ignored me and I was determined to just not respond next time he messages me. But then I replied anyway and then later on thought I shouldn't have!

What Guys Said 1