Done with online dating...How can I get back into the normal dating world?

So after relocating a year ago, it was hard meeting people in my small town. I joined match.com and met two girls before my subscription ran out. They were disappointing. Then, I joined a free website and met a great girl. She led me on for two months before she have me the "it's not you it's me" speech. I then met another great girl. She beyond led me on. She made me feel special and we meshed well than anyone I've ever met. She ultimately changed her mind and chose someone else she met online over me.

What I've learned is that online dating is a competition and I hate it. I've been hurt twice and I'm done. I want to get back into regular dating, without meeting online and blind dates, and awkwardness, all leading to hurt.

So my question is, how do you get back into normal dating? Where can I meet decent single girls? I'm not a bar hopper, and just want a normal dating experience. What can I do and how?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just hit on the ladies walking down the street

What Girls Said 5

• I am with you on this one. I gave up on online dating as well. To me, it's where the playas ( me and women) hang out. I actually had better connection recently with someone I met in the real world, and I have been on match for almost 9 months now. I have met people, but no connection/match. Are you a religious/spiritual person? Maybe try going to church events? meetup.com (might spark the same interest as a good looking girl), or maybe join a club/sports team?

• 1- Go to a bar

2- Drink

3- Drink more

4- Spot the lonely drunk female. (Aka your soulmate)

5- Bring her home for a .. nightcap ?

6- Lock her up in the basement

That's it, you won't have to worry about dating anymore :)

• just try to meet girls in places you also like so then you share interests

• just try to hit places where girls are at and try to talk to them

• just go outside and try to meet girls everywhere, coffee shops, book sotires, try to strike up conversations

What Guys Said 2

• I've met girls online and offline and it's the same honestly. Keep your free dating profiles open even if you're not messaging around because you never know. Among all those girls who have ill intentions you may get a message one day from a mature woman who does not want to play games.

While that is going on just keep an eye open at places you frequent. The hard part may be finding out if someone is single but at least you're meeting real people and interacting instead of dealing with girls online who just want attention. I usually recommend anywhere but the workplace. Just strike up a conversation casually and overtime see if she wants to go out sometime. Just because you talk to a girl does not automatically mean you want to date her. Any girl who thinks that way is a narcissist anyway.

• I think your looking for the wrong thing personally. You say you've learned from online dating that it's a competition and that you hate it but what made you do it in the first place I have to wonder? I'm not trying to be a douche bag dude really, but dating IS a competition. Girls are fickle as you've no doubt learned already. Do you honestly think that piece of their psyche is going to change simply because they can no longer check you out on a computer screen? I hope the answer that came to your mind is no.

To answer your question I think you have to find the needle in the haystack, you obviously have seen that most girls are not going to be decent human beings so my advice is to venture out with this in mind. Meet new friends and new people, guys and girls. If you're well connected you'll have a much broader pool to pick from. And maybe you'll even meet someone along the way. Put yourself in a position to meet a lot of people. And if you don't believe me think about it this way, do you really want the kinds of girls go to bars and clubs and participate in online dating?