He wants to meet my parents BUT....

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 8 months and I really like what we have. I met his parents a few months ago and they were super nice and very easy to get along with. He's been dropping hints, some very obvious really, about wanting to meet my parents for months now and I've been trying to avoid the situation. See my parents are really picky about who I date. I'm a medical student and they would want my boyfriend to be a medical student too. I know my parents wouldn't approve of my boyfriend and making introductions would cause a lot of tension. I haven't been thinking about anything long-term myself yet either in terms of the relationship. What do I do? Or how do I explain without hurting his feelings or losing him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Avoidance is not the answer. It never is.

What Guys Said 2

• You can't. This is a risk you're going to have to take. Either get a backbone and stand up to your parents and show he's worth it, or don't. If you don't your only option is keep putting it off, until it's obvious, in which case he might get hurt and leave, or you tell it to him straight, and risk hurting him, and he leaves.

But hey, whatever. I already know which one you're going to choose.

• I'm going to tell him and if he gets hurt and leaves then I'll have to accept that. It's better than being selfish and trying to mask the truth from him

• Figured as much.

• Yeah I like to meet parents by the 6 month period because otherwise I feel like you're hiding me from them. In the end, your parents can be as picky as they want but it's YOUR relationship. Just prime him up and introduce them in a social setting or barbecue.

What Girls Said 3

• tell your parents that you aren't serious with him but that you can't avoid his requests. I think you should have told him beforehand that you werent in that stage of the relationship.

• you really cant, just hope for the best

• i think you should just try to tell him what bothers you