How can guys act like it's a date but say it's not?

I thought I went on a date with this guy. He picked me up bought me coffee and pizza and let me take the pizza home. My mom wanted to meet him but he didn't feel like he needed to but did any way and he said she didn't need to worry because we're just friends hanging out. Is it just me or did he give mixed signals? He paid for me how is that not a date ?

Most Helpful Girl

• it won't be a date unless he says it is a date, acting some way doesn't matter

What Guys Said 2

• While it may seem like a date Chivalry isn't dead some guys will take a woman out and pay for everything not because it's a date but it's what is right. At the same time, he might be laying the ground work for a potential date. Gauging what you like and don't like etc etc. While a date is what you see, he see's potential girlfriend but as of now just friends.

• who cares if it's an "official" date or not. All that matters is how you guys act around each other when you hang out...If it feels like a date, then good.

What Girls Said 4

• A guy always ask a girl to "hang out" to see what he's going after. He'll say it's a date if he thinks there will be a second one and he'll say it wasn't a date if he thinks you guys will just be friends. Meeting your mom probably made him nervous or scared him away since it was your first "hang out".

• it might not be a date but just a hang out to see if you can work as a couple.

• it is not a date if the guy doesn't says it

• because he doenst know what a real date is