How long do you wait before hanging out with someone you just met?

Or do you even wait?

So I just met this guy online ( ahhh scary). He lives in the same town as me, but he's kinda new. Let's say he is the person he says to be, I don't doubt that he is. He wants me to come over and hang out. I don't want to. Not really because I met him online, but mainly because I don't know him. Some people might think I'm kinda square or lame because of that. However, I just don't like hanging out with people I just met. Maybe an estimate of 5 days or something. I like to wait a while, when I feel like I've known them for a bit. It doesn't matter if they are a girl or guy, dating wise, friendship wise, etc.

Me and the guy just started talking today. I'm not going to come over and the fact he won't talk no for an answer is really raising some red flags for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've met people online as well and then met them offline. I usually meet them when I feel comfortable enough talking to them, and if I feel we have a connection.

Also NEVER agree to come over to his place! He seems to only want to get into your pants, especially if he won't take no for an answer. Meet at a public place, and inform at least one of your friends where you'll be before the meeting.

• Yeah, that's what I figured with his persistence. I know you should wait until you're comfortable, but just guesstimating, how long would you say it took you? Especially with meeting someone online. Just wondering

• it depends on how often we talk. how many messages we send in a day. Also depends on the intention. I've met someone on meetme after 3/4 days of messaging, about 1-2 long messages a day. But also another guy from meetme, we've talked for 2 months now and sometimes almost every day but I haven't met him because he seems like he's just looking for someone to talk to. The other guy wanted friendship and I was fine with it, so the intention was clear.

What Guys Said 1

• You wait until you trust them enough to do so. General guideline.

Or 5 days. Because 5 is a great number.

What Girls Said 5

• dont do it unless you know for sure who he is and that you will feel comfortable with it.

• it depends on every guy

• until I have known him for a while already and trust him

• you wait until you know them they are not bad people

• It would take me about a month to get comfortable with a stranger. If you do hangout to it in a very public place, take a friend if you can, tell someone where you are going and with who, keep your phone with you at all times. I am a mom so I worry about stuff like this and would recommend my daughter the exact same thing. BE CAREFUL!

• Idk why I said 5 days for me. IGuess for me to get used to talking to some one. But it's usually for girls that I'm becoming acquainted with and hanging out for short periods of thine like at school or something. For a guy that I'm interested, it's probably a month as well.