What is the purpose of date night

On George Lopez, George had a bad day at work, and went to the bar instead of coming home for his date night with Angie. She got upset because she feels like date night helps their relationship.

What is the purpose of date night?

what if they aren't married. theyre just dating

Most Helpful Girl

• The point of date night is to keep the flames alive. The flames that attracted you to them initially. Many times when you start dating someone, you tend to get lazy. After a long period of time dating, that can also dwindle the passion and intensity in the relationship.

Date night helps you to see your partner for who they were when you first met. You might have seen them at their most unattractive moments, but tonight you get to see them all sexy and looking good :)

Even if you aren't married, this is a good way to keep connected. Many times a person can feel like they are being taken for granted, or get swept away with the idea that they need to find someone new because they aren't feeling appreciated or the sparks that were there initially in the relationship are now gone. Sometimes we just get super comfortable with our partners.

I had a boyfriend once who used to talk to me on the phone when he was on the toilet :P We had that kind of relationship. It was good, but he took me for granted. And I found out he wasn't really interested in me. Not sure if it was because I maybe gave him the impression I was more of a friend than a girlfriend, but I was just trying to make him feel he could be myself with him.

So now in my relationships, I try to keep some sparks alive. It's a lot of work, but I think if it makes the relationship better, it's worth it.

What Girls Said 2

• When you get married and have kids, like on the George Lopez show, it's easy to turn your relationship business-like. "Did you pick up the dry cleaning?" "Don't forget Carmen has an appointment on Thursday." "Are we out of milk?" etc. Ultimately placing the relationship on the back burner, which can lead to divorce. Date nights help keep the bond between the married couple strong because it's quality time with them alone -- no kids, no bills, no in-laws -- for that moment. Just because you get married, doesn't mean you quit putting in effort. That's why Angie was upset.

• to tlak about theur relationship, it doesn't need to be something about their problems. it can be about their needs, expectations and plans for the future. it can be unrelated to their relationship, its jsut time to feel like you are important and someone is looking out for you.

What Guys Said 4

• So that a couple can have some time to themselves. Once they have children, jobs, and everything else that comes along with married life, they need to be able to find that time to have a nice, quite, romantic evening together.

• My mom's friend has a date night to go watch a movie with her husband and get away from the kid, who's still less than a year old. It's an escape for them at this point.

• for the good looking guy to do everything to impress the girl and the girl be rewarded for being a girl

• To connect with your partner in a couple-centric atmosphere. The same reason you go on any date.