Why didn't he reciprocate the touch?

I went on the best first date ever recently. We hung out for a little over 6 hours. Had dinner went to the for drinks and then to the movies. He was a complete gentleman walked me to my car and even paid for me ( which had never happened to me before I've either paid my share or the whole amount). We never had a dull moment it was great conversations and it was great. He was a little shy in the beginning couldn't really look me in the eye and a little quiet but it soon picked up. I tried to show my interest by hitting his arm when laughing and bumping into him when laughing. Leavening my arm where he could put his next to it or hold my hand at the movies. But besides the initial hug at the beginning of the date he seemed terrified to go into my space. At the end of the date he said he had an amazing time but I had to initiate a the hug. He agreed to come to my friends birthday with me a couple days later. Am I being friend zone since he seems scared to break the touch barrier or am I over thinking it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Other than the 6 hr date which included a movie...it sounds like the dude did much better than most on a first date. Don't worry about the lack of touching. You might actually have a wise, and classy guy on your hands, who doesn't believe in PDA of any form, especially on the first date! He might not want to show his hand about how he feels about you...its much to early for that anyway! Be patient...and see if he asks you out again. If he liked you, and he's smart, then he picked up on your touching hints. If you don't hear from him in 7-10 days...then you have your answer. Good luck!

• Well he did agree to go to my friends birthday with me tonight which is 2 days after our date

• It's a bad idea? I asked him he just said he would come with me. Since I only knew one of the 17 some odd people that would be there.

• I think you guys need to get to know each other one on one for a while...before you start hanging out with friends..parties...etc. Just an opinion from a wise old bird.

What Guys Said 1

• you said he was a gentlemen and shy.

well those are two big reasons why he probably didn't initiate or reciprocate touches. I know for me for the most part a first date is about getting to know someone. I don't have any physical intentions and in fact believe that allowing physical intimacy can (not always but can) be a hurdle to really getting to know someone well.

I don't think you should be worried just yet abotu the "touch barrier" see where things go and if on the next date or even the third he still seems distant then I'd start to worry

What Girls Said 4

• No, you're not in the friend zone. I think that he was being a gentleman and didn't want to cross boundaries. He seems to be laid back and really like you, but doesn't want to do anything to screw things up. You will see as time goes on. Don't over think it. =)

• maybe he felt weird

• he migh tjust have gotten nervous. don't worry

• maybe he just really respects you, don't worry about it