Do I go to see him ?

I broke up with my boyfriend a week ago . He didn't really put up a fight and in all honesty I think he wanted this more than me. He didn't really have anything to dump me over so I think he acted like a complete jerk so that I would be the one to finish it.

It is sad because I did really love him but my self respect was worth more than staying with someone who had no respect for me.

He has sent me a few texts saying he knows he will never get another girl like me , and that he still loves and cares for me but it is not the end - just not the right time! He will wait for me forever and wants to grow old with me blah blah blah ... but he hasn't asked to go back so obviously he doesn't want me now.lol

He has asked to see me tomorrow to discuss what is going to happen now ? What is he on about ?

Do I go to see him and listen to what he has to say?

When we broke up it wasn't a huge fight but I just told him that I could not be in a relationship with him unless we discussed issues and came to compromises . He was unwilling to change or to discuss what I had to say so I walked out.

I do not know why he has sent me texts saying how wonderful I am either ha ha ... He hasn't tried to make the relationship work so to me they are empty messages.

I do believe he feels guilty and without going into details he literally has treated me like a doormat, and I feel a fool because I stayed when I should have left earlier. His behavior got worse and then I had no choice. So why the stupid text messages and why does he want to see me ?

I do not intend going back into the relationship with him unless he changed big time ! I am OK about not being with him, it was my choice ,even tho I jumped before I was pushed.

I feel like turning up ,looking a million dollars and showing him exactly what he has let go ! I know it was my decision but he does not care either.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hope you don't take this the wrong way or anything, but I think you should move on from him. He didn't have any respect for you in the beginning, so why would he suddenly want you back. It seems kind of weird to me, and if he was unwilling to change his the way he was with you he doesn't seem like the ideal boyfriend to me. I think maybe you should go meet with him and see what he has to say for himself, but in my opinion your relationship with him is not going to go anywhere if he doesn't change. You need to stick up for yourself and if you feel that he hasn't changed, move on. Don't let him hold you back!

What Guys Said 1

• Every guy has done this, got a little lazy and complacent in a relationship. It doesn't hit us until it causes huge issues and we normally won't correct it without hard examples of what we're doing wrong.

What Girls Said 4

• Sounds like you left hoping it will make him change FOR REAL this time. Yea go see him but don't get your hopes up. Go there knowing almost every different possibility that could happen from the meetup so you won't be surprised.

• no, move on.

• no, don't go and see him

• What's the point? You've made your mind up and he already knows what he lost..there's no need beating a dead horse.