I think my friend is trying to crash my date?!

I had a guy ask me about a week ago to go with him out on Saturday night & I said yes of course. Then when we were hanging out in a group he reminded me about it & I said I still wanted to go, my friend popped in & said I want to so too! So the guy said yeah y'all should both come, but I feel like he only said it to be nice. Later I told her maybe she should invite a guy too & she told me no she doesn't want to. Is she trying to crash my date? She's my best friend what am I supposed to tell her?!

Most Helpful Guy

• She may be utterly clueless that it was a date.

She may have thought she was being helpful - that is, by inviting herself along, she forced him to admit that it wasn't a date so that you wouldn't be getting your hopes up thinking it was a date.

Or she may be trying to sabotage it, because girls (even best friends) can turn on each other in a cold second when there's a man involved.

What Guys Said 5

• From what I understand, females can be very competitive toward each other- especially when it comes to guys. She may like him and therefore isn't thrilled with you going on a date with him, or it's possible that she's clingy and afraid she'll get less time with you. It's also possible that she's just a b*tch, but I don't know her, so I can't confirm any of these possibilities definitively.

• Well who is in this group? I it all his friends and you? Maybe it'd be better to have someone you know? Or may e she will meet and like one of his friends?

I wouldn't freak out too much. I it was just you and the guy it'd be weird but if your all going out as friends in a bigger group its probably OK. Just make sure to tell her ahead of time that you aren't going to be hanging out with her e whole time, and your trying to get to know this guy

• Tell her it's a date and to f*** off...in a nicer way maybe...

• change location of date

• Yeah, sounds like she's jealous. She's probably not even interested in him. Or if she is interested, she wouldn't be if you hadn't agreed to date him.

Just tell this guy you want it to be just the two of you.

What Girls Said 3

• well tell her its a date, she might be jealous or just don't want a guy now. talk to her.

• Tell her you'd prefer to go alone with him because you're interested in him. Maybe she doesn't realize what she's doing.

• yes, just tell her to f***ing stop cockblocking you